Accufab good pick up?

Reddevil91

15 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
So looking for a new TB once I start my engine work, when I’m done with the brakes and suspension changes. Is this a good deal, I know accufabs are pricey.
4D839642-330B-4D6A-8180-15F1183C8856.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

Ha well I closed that deal real quick before someone like @Noobz347 snatched it out from under me!!! Had been sort of patiently waiting to find a deal since I went brakes and suspension first, and luckily came F1A2A332-1B08-45B3-823B-3BAD6EC2FD75.jpeg across that post as soon as he posted it. Checked LMR and they want 289.00 for the same thing. Now I have to decide should I leave it polished or should I get it powder coated to match my intake? I am planning on the vortech V3 Black trim as well when I get around to that area. Let me know what you guys think???? Or actually can I even have it powder coated?

Welp this sucks!! So turns out it’s not a 70!! So I put the a-fab Tb up against a 70mm spacer I got from @FoxMustangLvr and it seemed not to match. So I went to harbor and picked up a caliper and sure enough it wasn’t, turns out to be a 65!!!! That blows. So now the question is do I keep the a-fab and run it? Or Resell it? Then pick up an actual 70mm Tb for my intake since it does measure 70mm. Does it really make a big difference?
D1EABC51-8736-4636-BF69-E8B35E43E43B.jpeg
F051554A-D1CB-4AA4-BA60-BD651B5A476B.jpeg

Cant remember, what does your engine consist of? If you still have stock heads, and stock displacement, I would bolt it on and use it. A 70mm wont net you any more power, and the bigger TB you run, the more of an "on/off" switch it is with throttle response. There used to be a guy around here that had AFR 165 heads, a Systemax intake, and a custom cam in his '95 GT and made over 300 rwhp with his stock TB. Other people tried and failed to get the same numbers with their top end kits while going all out on parts.

Cant remember, what does your engine consist of? If you still have stock heads, and stock displacement, I would bolt it on and use it. A 70mm wont net you any more power, and the bigger TB you run, the more of an "on/off" switch it is with throttle response. There used to be a guy around here that had AFR 165 heads, a Systemax intake, and a custom cam in his '95 GT and made over 300 rwhp with his stock TB. Other people tried and failed to get the same numbers with their top end kits while going all out on parts.
Currently motor is kinda stock, has a f-cam, 1.7 roller rockers, 65 bbk Tb, other wise that’s it for motor besides full exhaust and gears. The Tb is for my future set up, which i was planning for consisted of my tubular GT40 intake which has a 70 opening, TFS R 190s, long tubes, pro m 80 w/ 60lb inj, V3 si, fuel system upgraded to 340. I told they guy I bought it from which he had it on a GT40 as well swears the box said 70mm. He then asked if the inlet measure 70 which yes it does, but I was told it should be the part that connects to the intake side should measure 70. Bc both that side and the spacer of the accufab measure 65.

Ahhhh... The fun filled excitement of used parts. :jester:

I still have a ProProd paper weight lying around where neither end was what it should have been and the spacer was some honed out POS with paper thin walls.

Yup
Ahhhh... The fun filled excitement of used parts. :jester:

I still have a ProProd paper weight lying around where neither end was what it should have been and the spacer was some honed out POS with paper thin walls.
Ha yup sucks when you can’t see in person. Idk why they just don’t mark them like BBK does, would make all that a lot easier. Oh well nothing I can do now besides sell it, recoup my money and get a new one.

Currently motor is kinda stock, has a f-cam, 1.7 roller rockers, 65 bbk Tb, other wise that’s it for motor besides full exhaust and gears. The Tb is for my future set up, which i was planning for consisted of my tubular GT40 intake which has a 70 opening, TFS R 190s, long tubes, pro m 80 w/ 60lb inj, V3 si, fuel system upgraded to 340. I told they guy I bought it from which he had it on a GT40 as well swears the box said 70mm. He then asked if the inlet measure 70 which yes it does, but I was told it should be the part that connects to the intake side should measure 70. Bc both that side and the spacer of the accufab measure 65.
Look in to what it may take to run a 340lph fuel pump in a stock tank with stock lines. I think some people run in to issues with cavitation and the pump being choked by the small fuel lines, especially the small return line.

I just read a thread over on Corral about a guy with a stock 302 bottom end, TFS R 190 heads OOTB, custom cam, ported systemax II intake, made around 370rwhp/350'ish rwtq. Pretty inpressive for a 302. He didn't have to spin it to the moon either.