After Injector, and MAF Meter upgrade, car won't idle.

BlackFox5.0

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
Massachusetts
It idled fine when i first started it, then I took it for a test drive, came back and it wouldn't idle....

I put in a Pro-M 75mm bullet, and 24# injectors the MAF is calibrated for the 24# too.

What could be wrong? I thought the computer might be trying to adjust, so I unplugged the battery to reset the computer, as of right now it's still unplugged, I'm not exactly sure how long it takes, but I am gogin to wait at least 30 mins.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

I figure you had to remove your upper to access the injector rail on the drivers side. Check for vacuum leaks, hose connections and that the EGR and IAC sensors are plugged up. Also check for a good connection at the MAF and if you are not using the mounting bracket for the MAF make sure that it is mounted with the sensor directly on top. I have heard of some people using cold air kits that had to clock their MAF. This is when the MAF is rotated so that the sample tube is in a different location in the air stream. I don't believe I have heard of any problems with a naturally aspirated car but it is common on a supercharged car.

Also check your TPS voltage and throttle position screw, things can get bumped when removing the upper intake. One turn of the throttle screw and .10 volt made a world of differece in the idle of my car. When I installed my Cartech upper mine was 1.04 volts and I adjusted it to .986 volts and it went from not wanting to stay cranked and pig rich at idle to idling perfect. (that was after I pulled most of my hair out checking everything else) I would have never thought it would have been that.

Did you Buy the Injectors New? Sounds like You have one leaking Bad or stuck open,I had one do that to me before primed the system and few times.then pulled the plugs and had fuel run out of the cylinder with the Bad injector.