Aftermarket heads/power steering stud

• Sponsors (?)

Make the Hole. I have done many things on cars and YES I do think that it sucks ass that it is missing the right hole, but in this case, you can create that hole yourself. I am far from the guy to get in there and make it look professional, but what I do is always functional. In the end it may not be pretty, but as long as it serves the purpose, then its all good.

Last edited:
If rick would have posted this dilemma in his engine build thread we would not be having most if not all these questions asked.
They are blue print engines heads, what actual castings they are I don't know.

They are blue print engines heads, what actual castings they are I don't know.

These. Pic shows the hole in the right spot so I’m lost. :shrug:

if it was truely never drilled then I would contact blueprint and see what they say.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
If the hole isn't there then drill and tap it. I haven't seen heads that don't have the hole for the factory brackets in 20yrs. Take the bracket, sit the head on the head gasket, and mark the hole with a punch. Only one chance to get it right and straight. If marked correctly, with a punch, a machine shop can easily drill and tap the hole.

Could even use the old heads to make a template. If you are confident drilling a straight hole you could do it yourself. There used to be a drill bracket out that guaranteed a 90° hole. Haven't seen one for years though.

Yes pics of a car assembled w/o using the air holes for the PS....not of my stock style Blueprint heads, that just dont have a thermactor/air injection ports. Head pic is posted further up and which hole I'm missing is described at least twice in great detail. Why is it so difficult to get a straight answer. I have NOT tried to reassemble the brackets w/o this hole, the solution maybe obvious. I just dont know and am asking a simple question....Why is so hard to get a simple answer?

It is NOT Rocket Science. You have had members here who are very knowledgeable already answer you on this. If you choose not to move foreword with their suggestion, then that is YOUR decision. But do not come in here and BITCH that WE are not giving YOU a "Straight Answer" When YOU have repeatedly FAILED to produce the one thing that multiple members have asked for so they could understand this and give YOU a better answer.

In MY opinion, YOU can buy a set of heads that have the proper hole that you are looking for, OR, YOU can take it down a notch here and entertain the ACTUAL suggestions that are given here. Threads like this set a tone for FUTURE help which YOU wish to receive. (NOW I AM SOUNDING LIKE MIKE)

It will be Sunday.

1. Go to the HW store.
  2. Get a Tap and Die Set.
  3. Get a Drill Bit.
  4. Use the bracket for the correct placement.
  5. Mark the spot.
  6. Drill the hole.
  7. Tap the hole.
  8. Mount the bracket.
If you don't want to use this suggestion then fine but stop bitching that WE are not giving YOU a straight answer.

Reactions: 3 users
OK Kid you stated earlier in this thread you have never done or have any 1st hand knowledge. Why should I trust you? I have all the stuff to drill and tap a hole....I just find it hard to believe this is the only cure.

Last edited:
This is the bracket I'm referring too.

Attachments

• IMG_20200927_183042991.jpg
    IMG_20200927_183042991.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 79
Those are the AC delete bracket. They don’t use the long PS stud that you described in your first post. There should be 2 long bolts that thread directly into that bracket and do not go into the head.

I also assume that’s not a pic of your engine since I see Edelbrock heads in the pic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Those are the AC delete bracket. They don’t use the long PS stud that you described in your first post. There should be 2 long bolts that thread directly into that bracket and do not go into the head.

I also assume that’s not a pic of your engine since I see Edelbrock heads in the pic.
NO it is not "Ricks" Head. "Rick" still refuses to post a picture here of his head, so we are talking about to everyone else's head that they are posting trying to help "Rick" who for some unknown reason won't post the picture of his
head.

I believe that "Rick" wants the Mustang Fairy to magically appear and Fk a hole in his head so he can mount the stud.

imdone.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I went back through the engine build thread and this one too and no pics of the end of the head where the missing bolt hole is, so gather up your thirty years of mechanical ability and deal with it, it can't be this difficult for someone with that many years of experience to figure out without bashing members here that have stated repeatedly that they have never encountered this situation.

I’ve done a few.

Are you saying this hole right here does not exist on the heads that you have? There’s nothing for this bolt/stud to thread into?

Even the responses you are getting on FB are the same replies everyone here has said.

E7C0E651-73B2-4752-9631-CABF7B11D96D.jpeg

Last edited:
That hole exists. I have the standard 3 holes just not a thermactor hole. The thermactor hole would be right next to it and slightly above it.....it is clearly pictured above in this thread.....that is a AC delete bracket.....no help to me.