Aftermarket Steering Wheel w/ Horn

raininfire

Founding Member
Mar 21, 2002
Northern VA
Hi stangers, got a question for you. I installed a new steering wheel on my 91 mustang with a Momo steering wheel hub adapter with quick release. I cannot figure out how to wire the horn with the quick release. The horn has 2 connections. If I hook the red wire up to it and the black wire from the hub and the green/yellow wire to ground it "WORKS". Problem is with the quick release there is only one wire and that is red. I guess my question is how did you guys hook up your horn? I might mess with it this weekend, and of course I will take some pictures. I cant believe how much of a difference the steering wheel made in driving. Atleast 10hp. Haha

• Sponsors (?)

I used the momo hub adapter. It is a niece looking piece, but I still havent figured out the wiring for the quick release/w horn. Also the shaft did not slide into the hub adapter easily at all. I had to enlarge the hole of the adapter to finaly get it to slide on. It took about 2 hours to do it, and about 30 minutes on my friends stang. Go figure. Oh the steering wheel I believe was an Option steering wheel, and the quality is actaully really great for the price. Looks and feels like my friends $270 steering wheel for the same price minus a 0.