Progress Thread Akumu No Dara Ra's LSX swap and build Thread! Updated (2/10/22 @ 8:30PM CST)

My current dream build is to put an LSA engine/trans into one of these:

1644072297848.png

:drool:

With the right suspension, I think a 630 HP and 6-speed auto would be right at home.

It keeps me awake some nights. :O_o:

• Sponsors (?)

For the record I don’t give a flying hoot what engine anyone sticks in their car. Your money, your car, who am I to rain on your parade.

But at least post pics when you do it.

• PlusOne
Reactions: 2 users
...and when it comes right down to it: Once you get a project going in your head...

I'm sure there are plenty of folks out there that would find it unacceptable to resto-mod a Classic Caddy. :shrug:

For the record I don’t give a flying hoot what engine anyone sticks in their car. Your money, your car, who am I to rain on your parade.

But at least post pics when you do it.
Will do. The build is a while out. but if i plan it, I can piece it together as i can and then have something really worthwhile by next summer.

My goal has always been to race at TX2K or be featured at the ice cream social.

I've also decided on a coupe over a convertible, that was a BAD idea.

Looking at a set of 2.73 Ring and Pinion Gear set in a stock 04 GT 8.8 rear end.

I'm going to use a nissan CD009 instead of the T56. Does anyone make a driveshaft to match when replacing the factory T5? The Nissan CD009 does adapt to the LSx using a variety of kits and proven in stock form to 1200RWHP and can be had new from nissan at around $1700, much cheaper than a T56, let alone a TR6060.

It will also get me to 100 with one less shift than a 3.08 on the same transmission. These numbers are calculated using a 25.4" tire (ex: 315/30/18) diameter at 6500 RPM.

1st gear: 47
2nd gear: 77
3rd gear: 111
4th gear: 141
5th gear: 179
6th gear: 227

I doubt the car will ever see 227 but there's always the option.

Looking at a set of 2.73 Ring and Pinion Gear set in a stock 04 GT 8.8 rear end.

I'm going to use a nissan CD009 instead of the T56. Does anyone make a driveshaft to match when replacing the factory T5? The Nissan CD009 does adapt to the LSx using a variety of kits and proven in stock form to 1200RWHP and can be had new from nissan at around $1700, much cheaper than a T56, let alone a TR6060.

It will also get me to 100 with one less shift than a 3.08 on the same transmission. These numbers are calculated using a 25.4" tire (ex: 315/30/18) diameter at 6500 RPM.

The other option (ran out of edit time) is to possibly swap a factory CD009 yoke on an aftermarket driveshaft already built for a high power mustang. basically custom

Reactions: 1 user

After further research it appears that the T56 built to suit is going to end up at the same price and need less work. I completely forgot about the ridiculous cost of adapter kits (range from $1000-2000 and you need to get a custom driveshaft which is another $1000). No need to reinvent the wheel here. We're already at least a grand well over the LT1 T56 + LS Faceplate and input shaft entry point ($2700). The gears change just a bit. On the same 25.4" tire with a LT1 T56 and 3.45 Rear end:

LT1 T56 gearing: 2.97:1, 2.07:1, 1.43:1, 1.00:1, 0.80:1, 0.62:1.
1st: 47
2nd: 68
3rd: 99
4th: 142
5th: 178
6th: 229

Almost identical top speed by gear, 3rd is just a bit longer in the nissan but 99 is still close enough to 100 in third.

if stiffining a vert w/ripped out interior Y not do it on that side? A boxed 'X'?
Geta junk from a yard & use the oem vert's plating? Just double from other side?
850 HP, not enormous plus that's a straight line, not trac or SCCA...
The strip probably has some rules, ck 'em out (may B hints 4 U)...
Cage required below 12 sec round here anyway.
start worring @ below 10s
chute required here
or is that 8s
?
Good Luck~

Not even remotely looking at cars that nice. I'm looking for one where the paint is partially one color or non existant, the metal is not rusted, the dash may be cracked, the seats exist, and the car runs and drives under it's own power.

I also found this for a fox body option if anyone is looking. 5.0, Manual, Convertible. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/727545061512248/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:55f1a6c1-28ff-4387-8c14-04f4e53732f5

Done. I gave it a progress thread tag until you get rolling. By then you will probably have the account permissions to change it yourself.

if stiffining a vert w/ripped out interior Y not do it on that side? A boxed 'X'?
Geta junk from a yard & use the oem vert's plating? Just double from other side?
850 HP, not enormous plus that's a straight line, not trac or SCCA...
The strip probably has some rules, ck 'em out (may B hints 4 U)...
Cage required below 12 sec round here anyway.
start worring @ below 10s
chute required here
or is that 8s
?
Good Luck~
Well.. Ideally it's a street car. 850 crank is basically the upper end of LS3 reliability. I also don't want to have issue with getting in the car on a daily so power goals will adjust.

I'm compiling a build list- There's so much room in font of the engine that I'm having fun trying to see what all i can do to add cooling, etc.

We've decided to alter some things and this thread needs cleaning up really bad at this point.

I'll get in touch with @Noobz347 later and try to find a way to edit the first post so it's more current. The 4 minute edit rule sucks.

Didn't expect this but here we are-

My Name is Lorelei, I'm 33 and about to buy a project car. I'm looking at a 96-04 Convertible with a manual for an eventual high power street build. I don't particularly care if it's a v6 or v8 to begin with though having the v8 would be nice to get the LSD with, though i'm not even sure that'll matter that much at the power levels I'm going for.

Is there some major issue with using convertibles as a base as far as high power builds (800hp) go? This is a long-term project but I do have the build laid out.
Like a lot commentators have said, brace whatever you get. Even stock Foxbodys flex a lot, and tend to tear rear torque boxes up. Whatever you get, check it REAL GOOD for rust in the strut towers, frame rails, torque boxes, and floorboards. These things rust bad.
Look for a good one and have fun. 30EF2F68-94B6-4C85-B929-AE90B0BCC72A.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user