FRPP hardened pushrods
ARP bolts
MSD Street Fire 90deg wires
Comp Cams Magnum double roller chain and sprocket
FRPP gasket kit
Driveshaft bolts
Motor Mount nuts
ARP mount to block bolts
Duralast (AutoZone) mounts<~~ taking back and getting Prothane Motion Control polyurethane mounts. Are these good?

epequ2y8.jpg

My car will be street only, does this sounds like it'll make a decent street car? 88 gt with t5.

.:Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II:.

Attachments

• e6u4e7up.jpg
    e6u4e7up.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 90
  • e6u4e7up.jpg
    e6u4e7up.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 102
  • epequ2y8.jpg
    epequ2y8.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 99
  • epequ2y8.jpg
    epequ2y8.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Sponsors (?)

From what I remember, the Prothane Engine mounts actually raise the engine by nearly and inch. Could be a hassle trying to get header/hood clearance. I went with the Energy Suspension units myself. They're dimensionally the same as stock, just made of urethane.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks I just heard that on another board, I think I'm go with the Energy Suspension ones since I wanted the convertible style mount like I bought, but without the cheap build
And yes single haha thanks, but still when I wasn't I got away with having half that in the living room before she got tired of it lol

Other mounts I was looking at are these
http://www.americanmuscle.com/motor-mounts-8495.html

Yeah you're right... that's why I just now was thinking of staying 302 instead of doing a 351w and whatever route with that, cause I don't want to buy all over. Thanks
And the heads have cardboard under them but they are clean, and everything else is brand new lol!

From what I remember, the Prothane Engine mounts actually raise the engine by nearly and inch. Could be a hassle trying to get header/hood clearance. I went with the Energy Suspension units myself. They're dimensionally the same as stock, just made of urethane.

I used the Energy Suspension Urethane trans mount, my motor mounts on the other hand look like home made units out of blocks of aluminum via PO.....lol seem to work so haven't messed with em yet!

Have you converted to MAF?
That TFS stage 1 will not work with speed density.

Also, on dads drag car, he had regular rubber motor mounts until he bought the Energy suspension motor mounts and tranny mount. The engine mounts along with the new tranny mount I guess raised or angled the engine enough to cause the long tubes to hit the floor boards when they previously didn't.
But on my car, they didn't raise the engine any at all compared to the rubber ones. I guess we have weird luck :shrug:
I would still definitely go Energy Suspension mounts. They're really nice quality.

Have you converted to MAF?
That TFS stage 1 will not work with speed density.

Also, on dads drag car, he had regular rubber motor mounts until he bought the Energy suspension motor mounts and tranny mount. The engine mounts along with the new tranny mount I guess raised or angled the engine enough to cause the long tubes to hit the floor boards when they previously didn't.
But on my car, they didn't raise the engine any at all compared to the rubber ones. I guess we have weird luck :shrug:
I would still definitely go Energy Suspension mounts. They're really nice quality.

I'll bet you anything that the mounts on your dads car were made by Prothane and not Energy Suspension. The Prothane Mounts are famous for raising the engine above stock height, the Prothan are built identical to the stock dimensions.

Thanks for the link on the blue oval, should it same quality as Energy?
Also using rubber trans mount right now.
I'm converted to MAF already, 70mm

Thanks for the link on the blue oval, should it same quality as Energy?
Also using rubber trans mount right now.
I'm converted to MAF already, 70mm

From the couple people I know who have these, they have had them for years and they are still as durable as when they were first bought. One set has been used for 8 years, on a 10sec Mustang.

Reactions: 1 user