Alright hews got the knowledge

So hers the problem lets see if anyone knows he answer. When im driving about 50% of the time ill push on the gas and suddenly the power starts to die and I can feel the car surge back and forth but when you push the gas to the floor it will jump out of it and go:shrug: . Most often it happens in 2nd gear at about 2500 rpm but it also happens in other gears to. I recently did the AODE to T5 swap and swapt computers as well and I removed my smog pump. But before I did the work there was no problem so im wondering if it’s a sensor going bad or vacuum or something I have not thought of? So PLEAS help if you can thanks :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Georgia50 said:
and dose anyone know what the line is 4 that goes from the air inlet tube to the oil inlet tube

I think that is commonly refered to the valve cover breather. It takes crankcase pressure and diverts it to the intake.

If at part throttle acceleration your car runs bad, but at WOT the car runs fine, I would start with these.

Check all vacuum lines for cracks, check all sensor connections for corrosion or being loose, or any other obvious problems

#1 The fuel pressure regulator is vacuum controlled. When you go to WOT, vac goes away and the pressure increases from 32 to 39 appx. This can be tested with a gauge on the schrader valve and goosing the throttle.

#2 If you haven't cleaned your MAF or IAT sensors, do a search here and clean them. They cause tons of problems due to oil based air filters and/or dirty filters.

#3 Do a cylinder balance test and see if any cyl. is dead or less contributory.

That should keep you busy for a while.
Scott