Aluminum Gt40 Heads Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly I'd stick with your GT40P heads and get them tested and rebuilt over these Pro Comp heads. I've heard some people have made some OK power in boosted setups with these Pro Comp heads. Lots of others have issues with them. If you already have a set of iron P heads then stick with them unless you have money for quality aluminum heads.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope. As stated, stick with your GT40P's. Those ProComps are set up for stud mounted rockers if memory serves.....that's going to mean the expense of new rocker arms, right off the bat. If your "P"'s are screwed and you insist on sticking with an inexpensive set of aluminum heads, go with a real set of GT40X castings.

Would the gt40p's be good for street car with mild up grades, I got a set I'm fix'n to put on, just want spirited street manors, stock cam long tubes gt40 tubular intake match ing tb 19 pounders 355 gear and a 5 speed. I think its similar to tribunal's. afr's and tfs work in a little higher rpm range, right?

Well I'm glad I asked. thanks. I'm going to check some other shops for prices on rebuilding the heads then. To be honest I kinda like the spark plug placement and higher compression of the gt40p's anyway.
Do I need to pay to have them magnafluxed you think?

Well I'm glad I asked. thanks. I'm going to check some other shops for prices on rebuilding the heads then. To be honest I kinda like the spark plug placement and higher compression of the gt40p's anyway.
Do I need to pay to have them magnafluxed you think?
yes. that way you know there is no cracks. have them do a 3 angle valve and mill the head to ensure a flat mating surface is there. Many people are making fun street hp with these P heads.

Would the gt40p's be good for street car with mild up grades, I got a set I'm fix'n to put on, just want spirited street manors, stock cam long tubes gt40 tubular intake match ing tb 19 pounders 355 gear and a 5 speed. I think its similar to tribunal's. afr's and tfs work in a little higher rpm range, right?
Those that do a custom cam with GT-40 heads and a decent intake and a t-5 have made about 260-275 rwhp on a custom tune. Add rear gears and have a blast on the street.