And so starts another long winter

1hot87gt

5 Year Member
Mar 17, 2017
New York
Well. Took the Fox out for its last blast of the season yesterday with the wife and daughter. Put some stabil in the tank and then off to the gas station to fill her up. Then back into the garage with carpet squares under each tire to prevent flat spots, cover on, and she’s ready for a long winters nap. Then wife brought down her arsenal of Christmas decorations. Can barely see the car now. Lol. And soon the snow blower will be in the garage too. Not one show this year. Almost every event was canceled due to COVID. Happy, healthy and safe holidays to everybody. Hopefully next year will be better.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Well. Took the Fox out for its last blast of the season yesterday with the wife and daughter. Put some stabil in the tank and then off to the gas station to fill her up. Then back into the garage with carpet squares under each tire to prevent flat spots, cover on, and she’s ready for a long winters nap. Then wife brought down her arsenal of Christmas decorations. Can barely see the car now. Lol. And soon the snow blower will be in the garage too. Not one show this year. Almost every event was canceled due to COVID. Happy, healthy and safe holidays to everybody. Hopefully next year will be better.

It must be a sad day when you put away that hot87. When you have a bond like some of us have with our cars it is a long winter of thinking fox. I would probably wax and clean every part I could get at with decent weather. The good thing is no miles on them as they sleep.

Did the same with mine a week ago.
Put it on rollers, hooked up the battery tender, covered it up , nighty night.
I'm guessing I only drove it a couple of hundred miles this year, pretty sad but
nothing going on.
Plan to install an electric fp gauge over the winter.

Florida is great for electricians, medical of all kinds, plumbers, and me , painters. It is really bad for lazy people. You get fired in a second with your replacement that just moved here. Pay sucks too....Thousands move here every week filling the brand new apartments $1,700 a month. $9-$12 hour for the poor suckers. The good thing is its an anything goes state with little regulation. At least for now until these liberals get their way.

Reactions: 2 users
I have a homestead tax thingy....Meaning they can only raise it a little every year. If you started fresh with the same house @ $3000.00 yr....How can anybody justify almost $1000 a month for government. We have little to no welfare. If your daughter gets pregnant your paying for everything. No free ride isnt that nice.

I keep telling the wife one day we will move out of the northeast, but she’s not on board yet. I want a place where I can buy a piece of property on acres of land and no nieghbors and I can shoot a rifle off my back deck and nobody cares.

The northeast has some benefits. For one, my career. Lots of tech in the area. Number 2 would be home values. They are exploding. We bought our house 5 years ago and it’s estimated value today is $225-250k more than what we paid. When it’s time to leave, we plan on selling our overpriced house and buying something very nice in a cheaper COL area.

Snow has its pros and cons. I don’t mind it. This beast makes things easier.

774E5695-3E65-49BA-8620-D5346CD80C16.jpeg

this was on Halloween. We’ve already gotten 4-5” of snow.

It's all relative ,property values are higher but taxes / cost of living is higher as well.
But yes if you're not upside down on your house you can make a nice profit.
That's our plan sell and use the profit to purchase something outright in an area we would like to live......no mortgage !

Mine aren’t too bad. $4500/year. I say it’s not bad from my perspective because I have friends and family in NH that pay $10-12k/ year in property tax, but there’s no income or sales tax.

but you are right. It’s all relative. Higher incomes are offset by higher COL. Contractor rates are higher. When I was an electrician I could almost charge what I wanted and get it. There was enough work going around that you could pick and choose and inflate your rates. Insurance is higher, a lot of stuff is higher.

I am up in the Toronto area for the holidays. The weather is depressing.......seriously. I am looking forward to getting back to Hawaii, dropping the top on one of my convertibles and catching some north shore sunshine.

North shore 7up.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users
Google Arcadia Fla........Land , plus cheap houses. I grew up in Northborough , Mass. If your from New England you will miss the food. Lots of family owned food. First thing I get in Mass. is seafood and Italian. Boston has the food . 5L5 is going to have a nice winter working on that car. I would like to rebuild a motor inside my house on a stand. Im a novice but I think I would enjoy that very much.

It’s kinda nice to be able to pick up a live lobster on your way home from work and steam it up for dinner and have it be cheaper than take-out from any other restaurant.

you can buy them at supermarkets, but I live close enough to Gloucester to go pick them up directly off the fishing boats. Prob out of the water 2-3 hours when I get them.