And so starts another long winter

Depends on the size of the city. It takes me 5 minutes to get to the grocery store, no traffic to speak of, and a population of 60k. I live in the biggest city in WY.

• Sponsors (?)

Have you been to NYC? It’s a ghost town. Everything is boarded up. It’s full of homeless and prostitutes. Business ‘s and people have moved out in droves. What once was the big apple, one of the countries greatest tourist attraction, the lights, entertainment, eateries etc, has been destroyed by COVID, protests, and a mayor who has made it so difficult to do business there with the restrictions he has enacted on the businesses that have tried to keep their heads above water. Not to mentioned handcuffed the police. Disgrace ful. I was never a big fan of the crowds, but that’s just me. NYC is broken. It’s very very sad. It will probably never be the same again.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
There are a lot of things to thank God for. Your health, your family, the food on your table and the clothes on your back. And the fact that we live in the greatest country in the world that allows us the freedoms we all enjoy, like our hobbies.

NYC is not one of them.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Lets not get too off-topic here today. Might have to move the thread to one of the other subforums. Lets keep it somewhat Fox-body related.

For example. "NYC Sucks....to drive a fox body through" ;)

Well, I was boasting on how great the weather is here in Albuquerque the other day, we, woke up to 3-4 inches of snow and a high of 35 degrees.

But this is not a political forum so I let it go.

I agree. Let’s keep it Fox Body.

Exactly. I'm on a number of forums and when things get political, they get heated. The folks here come from a wide variety of backgrounds, so we can almost guarantee different POV's if we start going too far off topic.

Lets just keep it Fox body. Much easier that way.

I have a homestead tax thingy....Meaning they can only raise it a little every year. If you started fresh with the same house @ $3000.00 yr....How can anybody justify almost $1000 a month for government. We have little to no welfare. If your daughter gets pregnant your paying for everything. No free ride isnt that nice.
You must live in a different Florida than I do?? No welfare?? LOL

I get antsy if its down more than a couple days, except for projects, now I understand why so many have one every winter. Rainfall is so low here I keep the wipers in the trunk and rarely have to drive in it. I have to put with smog checks though and traffic. Fox Mustang picture below, '85&'86.

DSCF1247.JPG

Do you guys change the oil before putting the car up for the winter?

yes. Used oil contains contaminates and byproducts of combustion that can turn it acidic. I usually put the car away on a fresh oil change.

I do the same with my snowblower and lawnmower. Well...mostly the snowblower. The lawnmower was a $40 curbside pickup.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t, but probably should base on what 5L5 says above. Makes sense. It just comes so damn fast, and then it’s the leaves every f..king weekend, getting the Christmas decorations down, the Holidays, etc. I usually change the engine oil and supercharger oil first thing in the spring.

I also change mine before storage.
My routine :

Change oil
Put it on rollers so I can move it around if need be
Hook up battery tender
Throw some dryer sheets inside and underneath to deter rodents, not sure if it actually works but I haven't had any issues so..
Cover it up for the long winters nap

If I had to put mine away I would still start it every two weeks and let it run for a while. Maybe back it out a little and keep things semi loose. I think I would also consider getting some kind of portable heat to I could work on different projects. My wife and daughter have new Hondas now but I was dealing with five cars a few years back. No better feeling than putting on a thirty dollar set of brake pads on three sets of cars and saving hundreds of dollars. Not to mention having to wonder if the guy screwed up something . I cant sit still on weekends for two days and need things to do. One of my favorite time killers is painting small parts and polishing-cleaning.

I have a small 5k watt fan forced 240v ceiling mounted heater in my garage, great for winter projects.
Matter of fact I turned it on a few minutes ago , will be heading out there to cut some trim for our
upstairs flooring project.

I hear you on family "fleet" maintenance, I was responsible for 6 cars until last year when my oldest
moved out of state with her boyfriend , although still get involved.
Now we have 5 in the stable, can't even quantify how much money we saved doing the maintenance and
I have a good friend who really helps me out but I'm getting too old for this..lol

If I had to 'put my car away for the winter' I would move.
I hated to start this environmental repair because of the dreaded 'well while I'm here I'll fix this' syndrome that has morphed into pulling the engine.

Have you been to NYC? It’s a ghost town. Everything is boarded up. It’s full of homeless and prostitutes. Business ‘s and people have moved out in droves. What once was the big apple, one of the countries greatest tourist attraction, the lights, entertainment, eateries etc, has been destroyed by COVID, protests, and a mayor who has made it so difficult to do business there with the restrictions he has enacted on the businesses that have tried to keep their heads above water. Not to mentioned handcuffed the police. Disgrace ful. I was never a big fan of the crowds, but that’s just me. NYC is broken. It’s very very sad. It will probably never be the same again.
Very sad . Grew up my whole life here . I live in NJ but I’m from Staten Island . I work for the city . These were at the height of covid the first time .
7911C983-E589-47AE-A5BA-212AE83BBE07.jpeg
C74FF50B-F6A9-4CAE-8143-A9F2EC589B3E.jpeg
3E44AE36-D67B-4F8E-92A2-E3A79AA286B6.jpeg
ECFA6B90-65E1-4861-90AE-10F197469849.jpeg

It’s high of 41 here today but no salt yet ! Hopefully we get a few more weeks - next week we’re supposed to do a toys for tots run with the cars here . Contactless drop off and go for a little blast