And so starts another long winter

Having transplants by the thousands here in Fla. , and Georgia the same. I laugh to myself when I think of the small Georgia diner. A group of New Yorkers at a table getting loud , and complaining to the young southern waitress about whatever. The folks that have been there for generations must be pissed.

• Sponsors (?)

Having transplants by the thousands here in Fla. , and Georgia the same. I laugh to myself when I think of the small Georgia diner. A group of New Yorkers at a table getting loud , and complaining to the young southern waitress about whatever. The folks that have been there for generations must be pissed.
I live in NY and I hate New Yorkers. Definitely don’t want to move to a “New York south”.

I wouldn't get too excited about property values. Everything is going to be half off in the next 12-24 months. I've lived in the South almost my whole life. The weather here in Georgia is nice, but the the people are terrible. It's so over crowded too. When I get older, I want to move up into the Mountains just to get away from the people.

Kurt
That’s my dilemma....... I could definitely do without the people, big time, but I would get tired of being a half hour, or more, away from the nearest convenience store, or hardware store, etc.
Where is the happy medium?

Does the exodus from NY get featured on the local news. I think all the money is leaving the state. The funny thing here in Fla. is the republicans are leaving. Our republican #s are way up. Thats why Trump won here. A few long term dems got knocked off too. These old liberal hippies where standing out with their Biden signs. Then comes the forty giant trucks with the Trump flags. We dont have inspection and anything goes with trucks when it comes to hight, wheel width, noise,smoke.

Reactions: 1 user
Does the exodus from NY get featured on the local news. I think all the money is leaving the state. The funny thing here in Fla. is the republicans are leaving. Our republican #s are way up. Thats why Trump won here. A few long term dems got knocked off too. These old liberal hippies where standing out with their Biden signs. Then comes the forty giant trucks with the Trump flags. We dont have inspection and anything goes with trucks when it comes to hight, wheel width, noise,smoke.

Don't over think it. I lived in Florida when it was a swing state. It's going red because it's filling up with retired boomers.

Kurt

That’s my dilemma....... I could definitely do without the people, big time, but I would get tired of being a half hour, or more, away from the nearest convenience store, or hardware store, etc.

Midsize towns. Knoxville, Asheville, places like that seem to be the place to be. I'm tied to a big city no matter where I move. I tried to convince the wife we should move to Michigan, but she wasn't having it. I like it up there.

Kurt

Sarasota is a big traffic jam. Especially in winter this place sucks with sprawl. Kills me when the local news calls it paradise. You come here and your sitting in traffic with idiots that dont know where they are going. Not to mention the thousands of ninety year olds. You see cop lights , and a small wreck. The guy looks like he should be in a nursing home standing next to his smashed Cadillac.

I grew up in Maine, lived there until was 22...

snow.jpg

I have lived in Hawaii for 30 years..

IMG-20180909-WA0019.jpg

Any questions? :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Sarasota is a big traffic jam. Especially in winter this place sucks with sprawl. Kills me when the local news calls it paradise. You come here and your sitting in traffic with idiots that dont know where they are going. Not to mention the thousands of ninety year olds. You see cop lights , and a small wreck. The guy looks like he should be in a nursing home standing next to his smashed Cadillac.

I remember when I referred to it as "traffic" in Florida. I didn't know any better. Now I know what that word means.

Kurt

Take New York City out of the equation and the state is as red as red can get. But that’s pretty much the dynamic of the whole country.

Its not that bad to adjust to, you just go to town less frequently and buy more stuff when you are there.

• Agree
I tell my wife all the time I want to live like a hermit, don't want to see my neighbors ... lol.
But seriously after living in CT. for 50 yrs. which is a small densely populated state , I wouldn't
mind driving 20-30min. to the grocery store.
People who live in this part of the country are starting to realize you don't necessarily have to
live in the rat race of the tri-state area to make good money.
2020 has shown people can live anywhere and still conduct business.