Annoying sounds, please help

nickgt5.0

Jan 16, 2007
Snohomish
When i hit high rpm's there is this nasty noise of what sounds someone is shaking a key ring with a bunch of keys hitting each other, its not a consistent sound. Sounds like metal is broken or loose and rattling around somewhere. has anyone ever had this problem or ever heard of anything like it? :(

• Sponsors (?)

sound like a can of marbles?

prolly going lean up top.

quick test: lug it in 5th gear and see what you get.

If it doesn't do it while lugging the engine, then there's a chance your fuel pump or something in your fuel system is messed up.

it could also help to clean your maf

good luck

Do you have cats? Could be one of the heatshields rattling if you do. I ended up getting some huge hose clamps from like Home Depot when I still had my stock H on there, so they'd stop rattling around.

Toss your front end on jackstands or ramps, CHOCK YOUR REAR TIRES and SET THE PARKING BRAKE (don't wanna lose ya to the car falling off) and listen for the sounds under the car. I'm still betting on the heatshields rattling, but they're near impossible to isolate from inside the car.

Good to hear that your problem is solved. Does the little bit of noise that you still have sound the same as it did prior to the swap? It's possible that something is still rattling around, but the heatshields were also adding to it, making it seem that much worse.

embarring is when im cruising thru town with my trans whinning....

since it dissapeared after the o/r pipe temperarilly i would say get under your car make sure all your exhaust is still tight and nothing loosened up then check to see if your pipes are unusally close to anything

I'm willing to bet its detonation. Whats the timing set at and what octane gas are you running? As mentionned previously, clean the Maf and see if it helps and try running 91 or 94 octane for a tank (unless you already are) and see if it changes anything.