Annoying squeak

D-BOI

Mar 26, 2009
Metro Detro
hey guys i am hearing an annoying squek, i replaced the tensioner pulley and the upper pulley and 100 miles later it started squeaking again. i took a stethoscope to it but i cant differentiate if any of the new ones went bad or if the ac pulley went bad? there is an ac pulley right? lol sorry im not to mechanically inclined, oh by the way my ac doesnt work.

• Sponsors (?)

Check your harmonic balancer. There is a thin piece of rubber between the inner and outer part of the balancer. Make sure the inner and outer piece are flush. If not you need to replace it. It's causing your belt to miss align which in turn causes a squeak.

Check your harmonic balancer. There is a thin piece of rubber between the inner and outer part of the balancer. Make sure the inner and outer piece are flush. If not you need to replace it. It's causing your belt to miss align which in turn causes a squeak.

you know the funny thing is when i look at the belt as the motor is running and as im looking at the tensioner pulley the belt sitting on it sort of moves left to right i mean very slghtly but it is noticable