Another newbie to Stangnet in Corona, CA - '88

What's the word, Stangnet! New to the forum (obviously), not new to cars or car / mc forums. Also *fairly* new to the Blue Oval brand, only having experience with one other Ford, my old '78 Ranger 460BB back in the early 90's. (Yes, I'm "older", lol) I'm not actually a "Ford guy", I grew up on Mopars, but don't hate; if anything that's a testament to the Mustang. I was running my '68 Charger when 60's Mustangs were a plenty in the high school parking lot, and everyone seemed to have a foxbody at the track. Back then I was pretty frustrated at how easily my peers were bolting on or bolting in power and taking out my Mopar Boat. STILL love those old Chargers, but part of nostalgia for me is remembering those kick-ass little cars sounding great and hauling a$$. So after getting to a decent spot with my '88 GT, I'm hopping online in hops of being able to both share more general car knowledge (I'm a good enough home mechanic and pretty versed in a lot of areas), and get some fox-specific help in a few areas where my Ford knowledge is limited. I also have a lot of stock fox parts that can hopefully go to a good home at some point.

Looking forward to being active on the forum, and to find some other Foxbody guys in and around the Corona (So. Cal.) area!! (MC riders, particularly of the Buell variety is cool too!) Until then, keep the paint side up! (Oh wait, wrong forum.)

-DeSoto

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet. The fox forums is where I hang, I also believe it has the most traffic so look both ways and stay between the lines. The lines are your friend!
start a thread and let us know what you are doing or have done already to you pony, pictures are mandatory.

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I'll definitely be poking around and posting some items- I've got my 'done to date' listed on my profile, but I'll post it again below. I'm not a big picture taker, but I'll post a few and try to be more photo-inclined. I never think about it while I'm working on my various projects.

My next step right now btw, is to pull the rails and injectors on the FI, get the injectors rebuilt (anyone have a trusted source for a full R&R on 24# injectors near Corona?), clean the rails, and essentially clean that system after replacing a bad/disintegrated fuel filter and installing the new pump. Lots of pre-done work that needs to be addressed. Hoping to have her riving the streets by February....

Installed
-Edelbrock aluminum heads
-Spyder EFI Intake
-90mm Spyder Elbow
-75mm Throttle Body
-76MM C&L Performance Mass Air Meter Housing and Inlet Tube for 24 lbs injectors
-24lbs injectors
-forged pistons
-Comp Cams 1.7 gold race rockers
-Custom cam .512 lift hydraulic roller
-Basani 1 3/4 equal length shorty headers
-Aluminum valve covers
-Ford Motorsport plug wires
-Custom exhaust with flow master 40 series turn downs
-Newer clutch
-Weld prostarts 3” upfront 9” in rear 295/50 15
-Boss wide 3” cowl hood
-Pro 5.0 shifter t5
-Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump with sump
-AN fitting for fuel system with Aeromotive fuel filter 100 micron
-Paxton fuel regulator
-Phantom fuel pressure gauge
-A9L Computer
-Reinforced torque boxes all welded with added comp plates
-Tubular rear control arms

Working on:
Fuel system redux
Interior re-install
roll cage (might skip for now)
Cobra rear bumper

48dd343c83a84c169b45609200690158.jpg

3933c1f02a004f7a82c3378490c75e94.jpg

Um, street/strip? Lol. Previous owner had it pretty well gutted for track, but I like both so I'm working on power brakes and possibly power steering while I restore and install the interior. So yes, it's a handful on the street....

4a2903fe6f7f45a6a629b558a373411e.jpg

8f6514b97e2a40de941e62158603370f.jpg

Other than the to-do's listed above, (and those not listed at all), here's my MOST CURRENT WIP for the car: All new, presumably ACCURATE gauges. I'm wiring everything in the house and modular so when all is setup and tested, I should be able to disconnect the custom connectors, install everything, then re-wire the 'mid-portions' (basically the longer wires from gauges to my custom bus/junction box) so I can easily diagnose electrical problems, add interior power items (addt'l lighting, another gauge, etc.) all while keeping the wiring from engine bay to interior to 4 wires.

6 gauges total:
On Pod: A/F, Vacuum/Boost, Fuel Pressure
Console: Volt/Amps, Water Temp, Oil Pressure

PART_1547145777096.jpeg

PART_1547145712860.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user