Any 4.6'ers live near Sterling,VA area? Have ???

I have a job in the works, but it would require me to move to Leesburg/Sterling/Western D.C. area in VA. Besides giving out excessive reckless driving tickets (you guys need higher priced lawyers), how is the area? I hear it is very expensive to live there. How is the weather, the food, and the services? Are there any dragstrips, performance shops, or people with Mustangs there? What about housing? I am looking for something with at least covered parking, and at or under $1000/mo. Anything like that exist? It is just me, no family. I looked on the internet, but everything with covered parking starts at $1200+. Any info about living in northern VA will help. I was in Hampton/Newport News for a few months once, but Uncle Sam was footing the bill. I remember it was a PITA to register cars, and they have all that inspection/emission requirements. How much does all that stuff cost yearly, and what mods can I get away with? Not looking at off-road exhaust, but will they fail me because I had a non factory h/x-pipe with cats, or other non-OE parts? Thank you thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

Sterling isnt the cheapest area to live. In fact Northern Va is pretty expensive. Plus you have emissions and all that crap. That is why I moved to Richmond where there is 200% less traffic, no emissions and alot cheaper.

Good Luck

Goodluck finding what you are looking for. I live in the fredericksburg area, and housing is pretty expensive here even unless you want to live in a dump. Weather is ok. Winter is mild, summer very humid. Spring and fall are fantastic. Dragstrips wise, MIR (Maryland International Raceway) is an excellent track. I can be there in about an hour, it might be better for you I'm not sure. Performance shops I know several guys that get all their tuning done at Excessive Motorsports in the Manassas area.

Emissions wise, if you have cats you should be fine. I'm gonna pass, with no cats :D

I haven't looked in Fredricksburg area yet. I need to upgrade my salary requirements. I screwed myself on that. We haven't done final salary bargaining yet. I said I wanted 38,000 take home. I was thinking I could live on $3000 net/month. I don't think so now. I don't live in dumps. Damn. Why is that area so expensive? And what about state taxes? How much does Viriginia take? This deal is looking bad.:nonono: I want the job, yet I don't want the location. They're gonna have to cough up some cash.

EDIT: I found a nice place in Fredricksburg for $950/mo. Single bed with covered parking. How far of a drive to Dulles Intl Airport is F'burg?

I already commute 45mins one way, so that doesn't sound too bad. Is Stafford pretty far from Dulles? I guess the housing prices are the same there huh?

i live right off route 610 and the housing now is anywhere from the 400s to mid 500s. Its insane when i moved here we payed 180. And no its not that far from dulles your commute would probably be the same as what ur doing now maybe just a little bit longer.

I haven't looked in Fredricksburg area yet. I need to upgrade my salary requirements. I screwed myself on that. We haven't done final salary bargaining yet. I said I wanted 38,000 take home. I was thinking I could live on $3000 net/month. I don't think so now. I don't live in dumps. Damn. Why is that area so expensive? And what about state taxes? How much does Viriginia take? This deal is looking bad.:nonono: I want the job, yet I don't want the location. They're gonna have to cough up some cash.

EDIT: I found a nice place in Fredricksburg for $950/mo. Single bed with covered parking. How far of a drive to Dulles Intl Airport is F'burg?

Housing is a little expensive, but its really not that bad of an area. I live with my parents now, but 38,000 take home I could have a decent appartment and cover all my other expenses. Be carefull with where you live as well, because the commute can really suck bigtime around here. It not too bad in the mornings, but depending when I leave work, its taken me 2 hrs to drive a 30min route. Usually its only about an hour coming home.

04GTMustang - I live in stafford too; my house is in vista woods about 5 mins from bloom. Small world.