Any mustangs on Long Island anymore ?

ninjacoupe

Jul 6, 2003
NY
I went cruising all night Monday and Tuesday and nothing. Granted it was a little late, started around midnight but I did not see a single mustang either night. Not even a V-8 powered anything.
What the hell happened around here.

On a side note I did pass or see quite a few of Suffolks finest. Probably close to 20 different cruisers and Explorers? Even had the privelage of being tailgeted for a couple of miles, you know the move when they come up on you really fast then ride your bumper. Of course I did the Respectful lane change before he was on me but he wanted to ride my bumper so he followed me into the other lane. The only time he was not on my bumper was at red lights, then he stopped like 6 car lentghs back. I guess he finally got bored ot had an emergency or something because he took off like a bat outta hell.
Funny thing was the whole two nights I drove completely within reason, Probably the slowest thing on the rode. :shrug:
Whatever

• Sponsors (?)

The stang scene is slow out there. I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time. I never see any either only cruise nights parked. But ya always hear about hose run ins on the street or light. Nothing. I do play around w/ the old school bow tie guys though.

sometimes a see a few stangs. if i'm driving around Vets hwy (exit 57) on a friday or saturday i see quite few. more than always tough i run into the ricers in this area. the ones going to c.i or brentwood. those guys are the worst ricers of all...you know, the ones that can't even buy a full set of crappy rims...they have the stock rims on the back and the aftermarket crap on the front (or is it vice-versa...who cares!) :shrug:

It just seems whenever I drive around in my work beater, I see all sorts of sick cars.
I was just ranting anyways, a friend was up from South Carolina so we took the car out. Down near him its still like the Island was 10 years ago.

attachment.php

I was out sat. on LI and got next to a redish(night time) buick GS 197?
skinnies up front told me it had a 455ci, well he had me from the light, I didn't think he was going to run but at a roll I pulled him then he says what is in that thing. "That is the first time a MUSTANG has even beat me" I said 302 and laughed.

Theres usually not too many stangs around.At least not all in one shot.DPa may have a handful.and other cruise spots maybe another handful, but all in all you just see them every so often.I was wondering where they all are myself...Any good car shows or cruise spots during the week besides bald hill?

I never really have any problems finding stangs or other fast cars. After being in Vegas for a while it makes the stang scene here look even better. Though most of the stangs you find in Vegas are fast, and a lot out here only have exhaust and minor bolt ons.

I am on long island to but I don't drive my stang much anymore. Because I have a 2000 lightning that I drive all the time now. I only put 2000 miles on my mustang since I got my truck, and that was a year ago.

But if you guys are looking to meet up and hang out come to this site. There are a lot of Long Island guys on here, who like to hang out.

http://www.brooklynmustangcentral.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

N.Y.don said:
sometimes a see a few stangs. if i'm driving around Vets hwy (exit 57) on a friday or saturday i see quite few. more than always tough i run into the ricers in this area. the ones going to c.i or brentwood. those guys are the worst ricers of all...you know, the ones that can't even buy a full set of crappy rims...they have the stock rims on the back and the aftermarket crap on the front (or is it vice-versa...who cares!) :shrug:
hahaha you got it man, i live in CI and ricers are all over. I think theres still a pretty good mustang croud on long island...take a ride down to DPA sometime...lots of them there