Any way to hear exhaust set ups in person?

Sanctus

May 17, 2005
Trabuco Canyon
So i am stuck on the Magnaflow Catback set up OR the Flowmaster. I want something deff deeper than stock, and alittle louder, just not crazy loud. something you can cruise in and at WOT you turn some heads. I have listened to the clips of both these, still cant decide really so i dont know if i should just ask your guys advice or see if there was a way of listening/riding in a gt with this set up. i just want to hear it in person unless you guys say go one way or the other... i live in So. orange county, Ca. fyi. so when you guys cant make up your mind what do you do? Magnaflow or Flowmaster?

-Yes i did a search... and it didnt adress this question the way i would have liked

-Sy

• Sponsors (?)

I see you narrowed it down to those two but before you make a final decision DEFINATLY check out Bassani. I have the Bassani cats, x-pipe and axle back and love it. It is exactly what you described above. A nice deep rumble when idling but nothing too crazy and a real head turner at WOT. Check out my thread here:
http://franksperformance.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=161
I have a few video clips of my car on the dyno there and you can hear the exhaust real well.

Sanctus said:
So i am stuck on the Magnaflow Catback set up OR the Flowmaster. I want something deff deeper than stock, and alittle louder, just not crazy loud. something you can cruise in and at WOT you turn some heads. I have listened to the clips of both these, still cant decide really so i dont know if i should just ask your guys advice or see if there was a way of listening/riding in a gt with this set up. i just want to hear it in person unless you guys say go one way or the other... i live in So. orange county, Ca. fyi. so when you guys cant make up your mind what do you do? Magnaflow or Flowmaster?

-Yes i did a search... and it didnt adress this question the way i would have liked

-Sy
Try and get to a local gathering. I had the Flowmasters on my 05, before my accident, then got Magnaflows put on as a part of the Roush conversion (Flows are now in my garage). The Flowmasters were meaner sounding, but had some cabin drone. The Magnaflows were better than stock, but nothing like as good as the Flow's (they're better now, with the Magnaflow Xpipe).

celticstanger said:
Try and get to a local gathering. I had the Flowmasters on my 05, before my accident, then got Magnaflows put on as a part of the Roush conversion (Flows are now in my garage). The Flowmasters were meaner sounding, but had some cabin drone. The Magnaflows were better than stock, but nothing like as good as the Flow's (they're better now, with the Magnaflow Xpipe).

yeah that sounds like a good set up. i was listening to that bassani x pipe and cat back set up and WOW that is a nice sound. also a big chunk of change but just wondering how that sound compares (in db) to the loudness of the flows or magnaflows

GNN60GT500 said:
Also if there is a Ford Dealer that sells Saleen Mustangs near you, you can ask them to start up a Saleen as all Saleens come with Magnaflow-
S197 Saleen exhaust (see http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=610808) is a little removed from the normal setup.

You'd be better off listening to my setup. Though the Magnaflow xpipe adds something to the sound on my car, it'll give you an indication as to what to expect from Magnaflow.

ps, I bought the Magnaflow exhaust for my wife's 05 Expedition, so you can guess what I think of their product.:nice: