Anybody else had this problem?

Strype

Cuthbert catcher
Founding Member
May 11, 1999
Huntsvegas, AL
So yesterday I noticed my driver door on my 2001 GT is hard to shut. So I take a close look at it this morning. The top of the window is hitting too high up. It's like the window rolls up too far. I now have to roll it down slightly or the glass hits and bows out! It only has 29k on it. :bang:

So I'm just wondering if this is a common 2001 FORD problem or a CAR THIEF problem??? It doesn't appear to have been tampered with but ya never know :shrug:

:Damnit:

• Sponsors (?)

Well if I remember right, there is a way to adjust the door hinges. Does the door sit level with the body lines, or is it noticeably out of alignment? It may be a simple door adjustment that can fix your problem, I don't think I've ever heard of a window rolling up too far but anythings a possibility.

stangGT97 said:
Does the door sit level with the body lines, or is it noticeably out of alignment?

*runs outside to check*

Yea it sits perfectly as far as I can see. Plus, as heavy as those doors are I think that they would sag rather than sit too high :shrug:

HoodStrype said:
*runs outside to check*

Yea it sits perfectly as far as I can see. Plus, as heavy as those doors are I think that they would sag rather than sit too high :shrug:

you're right, more likely it would sag than sit too high. did it just start doing this recently? You may need to dig into the door to see whats going on

nice notch by the way :nice:

stangGT97 said:
you're right, more likely it would sag than sit too high. did it just start doing this recently? You may need to dig into the door to see whats going on

nice notch by the way :nice:

Started like a day or 2 ago. And I was out of town all of last week :)

Thanks- The notch has only 62,000 miles on it. It needs a paint job :nice:

HoodStrype said:
Started like a day or 2 ago. And I was out of town all of last week :)

Thanks- The notch has only 62,000 miles on it. It needs a paint job :nice:

thats really weird that it just started doing it. something must have come loose over time and it just so happens that it started now.

The notchback was my first choice but I couldn't find any decent ones around me. The nicest one I saw was a salvage title... gears, e-303 cam, heads/intake, racing seats, cobra rs and tint, and it was red (like my car). Unfortunately the kid was sketchy and I didn't want to take a chance on a salvage car so I got my 97. Then it turns out my car has been in an accident, the front end was repainted and the motor is remanufactured. Wow I definitely should have spent the money on a carfax :notnice:

My friend's brother has a 93 notch, painted Autumn orange... god that thing is hot. The motor is shot but once that is fixed, the car will be pure sex

Yeah this one (notch) was almost totaled right after it was bought, my friend got it for highschool graduation in 1993- 1994. It was hit in the rear quarter. Our friend at Ford fixed it. He welded in a quarter panel so it has minimum bondo. And none of that is on the CarFax either. :shrug:

I dunno about over time. I'm wondering if someone tried to steal the 2001 GT while I was gone. There are no screw driver dings or anything noticably wrong. I bet some moron tried to pry the window out. I guess I'll have to drive it to Ford :(

This same thing happened to me; i took it to my shop and they pulled it out, the window sits in a groove on the roller with glue and basically it just doesnt stop where it is supposed to. They are going to tell you to get a new window because if you try to reglue the window back in the roller they say it won't last long. At least thats what I was told.

dhes24 said:
This same thing happened to me; i took it to my shop and they pulled it out, the window sits in a groove on the roller with glue and basically it just doesnt stop where it is supposed to. They are going to tell you to get a new window because if you try to reglue the window back in the roller they say it won't last long. At least thats what I was told.

:nice: Thanks for the heads up man! I'll see if ford will fix it (yea right :nonono: ) and then go somewhere cheaper if they won't.

On my passenger door a similar (if not the same) problem was happening to me.

If the window was rolled up all the way and someone shut the door, it didn't shut all the way due to the window catching the weatherstripping and "pushing" the window out. I was lucky enough to be able to push the weatherstripping on better and the problem doesn't happen anymore :shrug:

d98gt said:
On my passenger door a similar (if not the same) problem was happening to me.

If the window was rolled up all the way and someone shut the door, it didn't shut all the way due to the window catching the weatherstripping and "pushing" the window out. I was lucky enough to be able to push the weatherstripping on better and the problem doesn't happen anymore :shrug:

*runs to try that*

It could be a faulty window regulator. They suck on the 2nd gen sn-95's. :notnice:

I have had three replaced (under warranty) on my 2004 because of mixed issues with glass placement upon raising and lowering the window.

I have that prob. on my drivers side door. I started noticing it was really hard to close then i realized it. It's too high so it catches the weatherstripping, So i have to lower it a little when i close it, what a pain in the ass. It's fine on the pass. side though.

I've done that before... not in the mustang but in an older car with the same style doors/windows.

In my friends mazda 323 when i rolled up the window it rolled inside of the car, me thinking the pressure should be pushing it in, i started pushing it out and i couldn't get it to work... then there was a loud bang and my friend punching me. But that wasn't my fault... crazy japs and their technology.

My guess is it came off the track somehow?