Anybody ever use Sumitomo tires HTR 2?

• Sponsors (?)

Ive had them on 2 stangs now. Good tire for the money and have good treadwear. Im a broke ass college student so i couldnt afford really good tires, so i got these again. I'm happy with em

Hook pretty well on the street....not the best at the track though.

Same track, got 1.90 60' with my 285 kumhos (super crappy street traction)

2.0 60' with 315 sumitimos (much better street traction)

:shrug: I like them (sumi's) and dependent on how my traction holds up after the turbos, ill buy them. BUT if it gets dangerous due to no traction, ill just buy some 315 nitto DRs.

If theyre the ones im thinking of, with a pattern similar to the Goodyear DS-G's, meaning a reall steep directional pattern, the only experience i have with them is on a car i drove for an auction. drove it on some back roads and the only real complaint i would have is that they kicked up a LOT of stones... however if youre talking about the HTR Z model, which is similar to the BFG TA KD which has a block style directional tread, which i have on my car, i would say they are a great tire... picked them up in the stock size for $66 off the Tire Rack...

good grip, decent wear, low noise, good in the rain... you can read reviews of the tires from people who have mustangs on www.tirerack.com

hope that helps

I think there is the htr z and the htrzII's I'm running the htrz's and am very happy. For a street tire they do a great job, dry street traction is good, wet traction is acceptable and from everyone I've talked to mileage is great plus the price is hard to beat.
Now the htrzII's I hear their dry traction is better, but their wet traction is worse, also heard they don't get as many miles. Just hear say though.

I have 255/45/17 HTRZ-2's on my GT and I like them. They're a good tire for the price. I've put 17,000 miles on them so far. They do pretty well in the rain also. For the price, no complaints from me. I'd buy them again, especially if i'm on a budget.

I had the HTRZ II's on my last set of rims and they were great for the street. HOWEVER, if you race at all they suck. After one or two trip[s to the track they'll harden up big time. Once mine hardened up ( at only 6 months old ) it was like driving in the rain even when it was wet.

So if you never plan on doing burnouts or racing they're a good tire.