anyone build scale auto models?

pistonhead351

flim hunter
May 1, 2005
Ive got quite a few ive built. Mostly mustangs, ive placed second in a competition with one of them. Right now im building a pro-touring charger, and a boss 302 replica 2005 gt. ill get some pics up later. If anyone else has some pics post them up.

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a couple I built. The picture quality is not great. The convertible looks better than in the pictures.

1993 Mustang Cobra - Built before I had a Mustang. At the time I didn't know that the engine compartment was supposed to be the same color as the exterior

CopyofClubRepair072.jpg

CopyofClubRepair071.jpg

CopyofClubRepair070.jpg

1991 Mustang GT convertible - Built to look like my own car. I went crazy with detail on this one.

CopyofClubRepair078.jpg

CopyofClubRepair076.jpg

CopyofClubRepair075.jpg

CopyofClubRepair077.jpg

Attachments

• CopyofClubRepair072.jpg
    CopyofClubRepair072.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 78
  • CopyofClubRepair071.jpg
    CopyofClubRepair071.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 85
  • CopyofClubRepair070.jpg
    CopyofClubRepair070.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 109
  • CopyofClubRepair078.jpg
    CopyofClubRepair078.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 120
  • CopyofClubRepair076.jpg
    CopyofClubRepair076.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 104
  • CopyofClubRepair075.jpg
    CopyofClubRepair075.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 86
  • CopyofClubRepair077.jpg
    CopyofClubRepair077.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 90
Just a few quick pics as i didnt have a lot of time. Charger is in progress and the mustang has been done forever. It won 2nd in a contest. I think im gonna start building some replicas of peoples cars from here.
models004.jpg

models001.jpg

Attachments

• models001.jpg
    models001.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 125
  • models004.jpg
    models004.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 116
Just a few quick pics as i didnt have a lot of time. Charger is in progress and the mustang has been done forever. It won 2nd in a contest. I think im gonna start building some replicas of peoples cars from here.

That Mustang looks awesome! I'd be interested in a custom one if you're doing diecasts. I definitely want one sooner or later.

That cobra also only has an HO intake and not a cobra one!

Piston where do you get things like wheels and such for customs? I did this 05 GT and had the wheels from another model, but would love to do some more custom work. Also what about body kits and wings and such, do you fab that up yourself?

First pic shows the engine bay and fabbed up turbo before it went together. Second pic shows the cage I did before it went together. The rest our the exterior After it was done!

510784_245_full.jpg

510784_246_full.jpg

510784_254_full.jpg

510784_257_full.jpg

Good models guys, and some great pics 25thmustang! The last two look like a real car.

I've been "working" on a copy of my 87 LX hatch for the past, oh, like 15 years or so! I started with a 87 GT model, added the front & rear bumpers and the bottom part of the spoiler from a SVO kit, modified the side trim to mimic a LX, (deleted the GT skirts) and that's as far as I got. I planned to use the real auto paint on it, but never got to it. Now that I've changed my car up from stock, I need some 99-04 seats, Bullitt wheels, Cobra brakes and the GT spoiler again to complete it. When I get my car painted, I'll get some extra paint from my friend and finish it up. At least that's the plan. Someday. LOL!

footjoy... aint nothing better then there golf shoes!!

LOL. It took me a couple minutes to figure out where that post came from. I didn't realize my chair was in the background!

You can't tell from the picture, but the bumper is a Cobra bumper, just not a very well designed one. It has the lips for the tailpipes and the correct contours. It just doesn't curve up enough.

The intake is wrong though. :D

Those models are great. I too would like to know where to get custom parts. I have seen some in the hobby shops, but they were usually for older cars and very expensive. I remember seeing a 426 Hemi motor for $19.95! In an older post about models, I remember seeing a place where you can get a coupe resin body. It was about $40.

Good models guys, and some great pics 25thmustang! The last two look like a real car.

I've been "working" on a copy of my 87 LX hatch for the past, oh, like 15 years or so! I started with a 87 GT model, added the front & rear bumpers and the bottom part of the spoiler from a SVO kit, modified the side trim to mimic a LX, (deleted the GT skirts) and that's as far as I got. I planned to use the real auto paint on it, but never got to it. Now that I've changed my car up from stock, I need some 99-04 seats, Bullitt wheels, Cobra brakes and the GT spoiler again to complete it. When I get my car painted, I'll get some extra paint from my friend and finish it up. At least that's the plan. Someday. LOL!

Do you have pics of it as it is right now?

I have a 1993 Cobra still in the packaging. You cant find them anywhere nowdays.

S2000 I built. Never really finished it..
Untitled-32.jpg

Untitled-37.jpg

Supra I was building
taka1.jpg

taka2.jpg

engine2.jpg

cfhood.jpg

cfengine.jpg

supra4.jpg

Porsche 911 GT3
911GT33small.jpg

360 Modena
360modena3.jpg

360modena2.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-32.jpg
    Untitled-32.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 104
  • Untitled-37.jpg
    Untitled-37.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 111
  • taka1.jpg
    taka1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 117
  • taka2.jpg
    taka2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 104
  • engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 101
  • cfhood.jpg
    cfhood.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 94
  • cfengine.jpg
    cfengine.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 88
  • supra4.jpg
    supra4.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 911GT33small.jpg
    911GT33small.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 360modena3.jpg
    360modena3.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 360modena2.jpg
    360modena2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 80
25th mustang pisses me off! He has a 12 second near stock 5.0, he can draw pictures of cars that look airbrushed because the shading is so good and he makes custom fabbed plastic models. freakin wonder boy of stangnet. hahah jus teasin dude. you strike me as a very talented person.

These models are incredible guys. I used to build the revell models and I guess they came out decent for a 10 to 13 yr old kid building them but nothing like these. Obviously you guys take lots of time to accentuate detail and make sure everything is done up real nice but would any of you guys say that theres certain brands that are better then others? Ive been out of model building for so long, I dont know what end it up anymore. I have a pretty sweet 1:18 diecast collection though.