Anyone else gotten the 'thumbs up?'

Today while driving my whip to work, I look over at the guy next to me on the highway and he gives me the "thumbs up."

This was the second time this has happened to me since I got the car at the end of December.

Anyone else experience this with some regularity?

Both guys that saluted me were driving big pickup trucks. I don't really know how to react when I see it. What do you do... just point at them and throw a head nod?

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I really don't look at many other drivers other than Mustang drivers. But I usually try to exchange some type of pleasantry with any Mustang driver I come upon (except V6 owners usually, because the majority of the time, they are not enthusiasts and aren't even looking my way). A head nod, thumbs up, flash the lights, blip the throttle, peace sign, etc...

yeah about a week ago i go the thumbs up from someone driving by in a white fox body, it was cool cuz i have a white s197.

and then this another time some dude kept talking to me about my car and mustangs in general at the gas station when i was filling up, odd thing was the kid was driving a honda :rolleyes:

I don't normally get the thumb, it's definitely the finger more centrally located on the anatomy of the hand. Seattle is full of 16-19 year olds drving honduhs and all things considered rice. I ususally get the finger after showing them some taillight at half throttle coming off a red light, cause we all know full throttle isn't necessary for ricer killing.

I tend to get people looking at the car when I am stopped for gas, or parking it at a store in the back 40 of the lot.

I get thumbs up, compliments, people staring, people starting conversations, etc all the time. I didn't really expect it when I bought this car and it's a rather inconspicuous color which surprises me even more.

yeah about a week ago i go the thumbs up from someone driving by in a white fox body, it was cool cuz i have a white s197.

and then this another time some dude kept talking to me about my car and mustangs in general at the gas station when i was filling up, odd thing was the kid was driving a honda :rolleyes:

Maybe the Honda was his daily driver and he had a mustang as his weekend car?

And I get the thumbs up all the time. Usually just smile and nod or give a thumbs up back and blip the throttle or something.

Yeah, I said most. But unfortunately, that's the way it is. I know there are enthusiasts, but I know at least 90% of V6 owners are not. In fact, if I gave them a wave or nod, they probably wouldn't get it and would think I was some weirdo hitting on them or something.

Eleanor gets a nod or a thumb up on a regular basis followed by a camera phone picture usually. It's kinda crazy som of these people.

I mentioned this other story before, but will repeat it for the funny with in it: I took off work early last spring like 11am. Was the first 60 degree day we had so I split and took the car out for a leasurely drive. As I finished up and was returning to my driveway I exit the car and walk into the garage when I hear a culligan water truck come screeching around the corner, dude throws the thing in park before it's stopped (we all know how that sound is), and he jumps from the truck yelling "hey, hey wait, man can I get a picture of your car?"

I was like wtf, was all that really necessary? He goes, I been following you for like 3 miles tryin to get a shot of the car. Guy was a stalker. I had neighbor witnesses too, so it makes the story twice as good at the local barbeques.

People really like these cars in stock trim, and go berzerk on the modded ones..

I get the thumbs up every once in a while, not as much as in my 67 Mustang Convertible. I just give them the thumbs up back or a wave. One time when I stopped to put gas I was at the end of the line waiting to pay and I heard the lady talking to the person in front of her about how nice my car was and wondered whose it was, :) I didn't say anything seemed weird to butt into their conversation and say, "ITS MINE!!!!"

I really don't look at many other drivers other than Mustang drivers. But I usually try to exchange some type of pleasantry with any Mustang driver I come upon (except V6 owners usually, because the majority of the time, they are not enthusiasts and aren't even looking my way). A head nod, thumbs up, flash the lights, blip the throttle, peace sign, etc...

Snob.