Anyone else seem to have this problem while out driving your car?

Perhaps this is just a need to vent. It seems just about every time I take out my car (which isn't that often, it's not my daily) some kid driving a modded import or some redneck mullet loon with a gigantic pickup tries their best to piss me off. I don't drive like an ass as I drive for a living and need a clean driving record. I've never instigated street racing, ...etc. Just a mild mannered old man.

Case in point... yesterday I pull onto the freeway, accelerating normally. In the rear view mirror some kid driving an acura gets up on my back end so close I can't even see his hood. I merge onto the freeway, ignoring him. He drives past, pulls in my lane in front of me and literally buries his brake pedal to the floor. Good thing the brakes on my car work decently, or I would have hit him pretty hard. WTF gives?

Last night... I take the car up to the store not a half mile from my house. I pull out onto the road, no one in sight. I accelerate up the hill, not 10 seconds later some hillbilly in a modded duramax is so close I can see his skull mounting bolts on his front liscense plate like they're in my back seat. I make a point of not brake checking the guy, because his truck probably would have been on top of my car in a hurry. Thing that's interesting is his beat up looking girl is yelling at him from the passenger seat all pissed off, and he backs off a bit. Again WTF.

I've got minimal mods done to the car. A couple flowmasters underneath, but they are not insidiously loud. And some wheels, and tint. That's it. Car is pretty much stock other than that. I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with some of these people. Question is am I the only one? If not, how do you guy's cope with these tards out there?

• Sponsors (?)

It happens to me all the time and at times it gets pretty annoying, other times I just laugh it off. For example today after I picked up my girlfriend we were driving back to my town and some guy in a focus pulls up behind me very very close. He then cuts over to the fast lane cutting someone off and tries to take off with his oversized exhaust making a racket. I just looked at my girlfriend and starting laughing and told her that he was really flooring it. I mean after about 5 secs he had a top of 6 cars on me and I didn't even accelerate. This car also had a very poorly put on body kit too.

I get that chit all the time too (another fuddy-duddy who happens to have a louder exhaust).

When they bury their nose up your six, it's amusing to swerve to avoid something and watch their frantic maneuvers (since he has no idea what you were trying to avoid).

As an aside, if someone asks 'what's it got', it's fun to give the quote in another unit (like 170 ounces). The looks of confusion are hilarious. :D

I like the episode with the truck. Let me guess, his hair was longer and prettier than hers, right? :rlaugh:

Whenever anyone does that I pull out my treo phone, prop it in front of my side view mirror and hold it there. PERFECT shot. It records everything and begin taping. ;) Amazingly, most of them figure out they are on camera and being filmed. Then they back waaaay I mean WAY off. Tractor trailer drivers, trucks, cars, anything. If they are too dumb and decide to whip around and slam the brakes, its all on camera. Amazing how stupid/brazen some people are and how quickly they become cowards and grow a brain cell or two. All the sudden they are going by waving like you are their best friend.

On the way to a mustang meet in NJ, my friend was driving his cobra normally on a country road and some kid in a acura was behind him revving the hell outta the car, and was driving really close. The kid got along side him [in the other lane] and keep revving.. suddenly outta nowhere comes a white car over the brim of the hill and nails him--head on collision.

...Turns out that the white car still had his lights flashing when it was on the side of the road.

...The police and the kid were able to walk away fine, my friend pulled over to make sure everyone was alright. The kid probably lost his license after my friend gave that police report.
Oh well, that's what you get for acting like an idiot.

you just need to make your car faster and louder. when i had my mostly stock red mustang it always seemed to happen to me. since i got this one now with the power and rumble, nobody seems to mess with me anymore. its kind of dissapointing at times.

Nobody randomly brake checks me, but I can't leave the house without some idiot in an import trying to instigate a race with me...

So here's what I do.. I try my hardest to catch a red light with him and make him think I wanna race.. When we do catch the red light, I hold the rpm's like I'm getting ready to launch.. He does the same.. Light turns green, he chirps the tires and roars off, while I take off as slow as possible... I've gotten one guy to go 3 lights with me, falling every time.. Then I catch up to them, roll down the window, point and laugh.....and sometimes light em up at 30-40 mph to really hurt their pride..

Ive only had a couple ricers rev at me, but after lookin at their spray painted body kits, there was no use even acknowledging them. The best was the group of punks in their moms hyundai that asked me why I didnt buy a GT500, and then bragged about how bad their dads camaro would smoke my p.o.s. Rather than wanting to race, I wanted bend them over my knee and spank the little ****s and send em back to daycare...

I use to get that crap all the time.I have been hit up by every import in town and kids in all kinds of cars.I like you drive for a living and can't afford any kind of ticket.What works here is when they wanna race I hold up this BS piece of paper I keep in my door.When they ask what it is I tell em its a contract. I would gladly race them if they sign it.When they say for what I tell them It says that they will support me my wife and two kids for loosing my job for racing.I get a stupid look every time and off they go.My town is small enough I have pulled that on about everyone that tries to drum up a race.Its stupid as hell but I guess thats why it works:shrug:

When I had mine, they'd always try to start at a red light... so I would throw it in Neutral / Reverse and roll backwards, but act like they were rolling forwards. Obviously they are trying to give me the stare down, so when they see me going backwards they think THEY are going forwards.

Its funny as hell to watch someone panic and stomp on the breaks even though they are already on them...

Adam

I used to do that. One guy was behind me on a hill in his new "whatever". I pushed in the clutch a little bit longer and he was so close, I bumped him, lol. He was mad. DONT GET SO CLOSE!

Though I am deficient on engine mods, this sort of crap pretty much came to a screeching halt when I got the Bassani stuff installed. Now hardly any of them will even look at me eye-to-eye, just a brief glance. Most back off or stay away completely.

When someone is getting the nerve to mess around, especially at a light, one good solid rev usually stops the excitement. Haven't come across a ricer with an exhaust as loud as mine or at least as attention getting.

Cops are after ricers big time in the Atlanta area, so we got that going for us too.

I don't really have a problem with import kids messing with me. I do get high school kids in GTs wanting to show boat. I just let them have their fun. I don't really think street racing is a brilliant idea, and having obviously less power than them, there's no point.

I had a 04 GT cut me off on the highway once. He kept slowing down so I'd pass him them he'd gun it. I think he and his girlfriend were enjoying theirselves :shrug:

Other than that is just your typical drop-a-gear-show-your-balls type crap.

Add one more to the, "My car's so loud no one messes with me"-list.

My problem is when I'm driving in my neighborhood. I'll do 25-30, and get yelled at by some dumbass old guy walking down the street who thinks I'm going fast cause my car is loud. All the while soccer moms haul ass down the same road doin 45 and no one says anything.:notnice:
I've already decided if that old retard says something again, I'm gonna pullover and break his hip.