Anyone here with lowering springs.....shoot some info at me....

Unreal281

Dec 18, 2004
Sup guys.....mods are in sig......

just put on eibach pro-kit and kyb shocks/struts last week

overall.....a GREAT suspension setup.....although i now smack my offroad X everywhere.....whatever though.....

going to get an alignment soon....as i'm sure i need one.....my camber is also off....

my question would be.....do i need to get anything else before i get it aligned? i wanna do it right.....so do i need to get any kind of "camber" kit.....or anything like that.....or just take it into a local shop and ask for an alignment.....?

thanx guys.....:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I have had my car aligned at a place that specializes in alignments (they shimmed the front and what not) but I eventually had problems with inner tire wear. Get CC plates, they will make your life easier each time you need an alignment.

You will never get your alignment perfect without them. Just get'um and get it over with.

CC%20Plates.jpg

Attachments

• CC%20Plates.jpg
    CC%20Plates.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 66
I recently installed my pro-kit as well, but I can't say I have had any issues with scraping though. Anyways, I decided not to go with any C/C plates, but did get an alignment done at a local shop. The alignment isn't too bad, but the front wheels still camber some. There's no horrible tire wear yet, but I'm sure there will be some eventually. I'm considering getting the C/C plates soon, but have kind of a newb question: What exactly do the C/C plates do, and how are they installed??

CC plates allow for a greater range of adjustment on camber, and caster settings.

they install in place of the stock CC plate. just look at the top of the front struts, that series of 2 plates are CC plates.

the new ones re thicker, 4 bolt (install requires drilling a hole), and have a wider design to allow for more of a range to move. thus being able to dial in correct settings on whatever height of a car you have. plus they have a spherical bearing, this enables the struts to move better as well as keep from moving in wrong directions which allows for a more precise movement of the front suspension.

Torinalth

The scraping is a byproduct of your long tubes. I run Sportlines and only sometimes scrape on the mufflers when Im not careful. When I went to alignment shop I had -2.4 degrees of camber and there was no way to fic that without caster/camber plates. Tho that much cambert is good for auto-x and tight road racing!! :D