Anyone know of some good sticky tires?

Hey last time i went to the track i ran a 13.1 at 114 mph, but i spin like hell:notnice: i got 315 35/17 summitomo tires, but im thinking about getting the nitto 555r's. Does anybody know of any better deals on some good sticky drag radials? i was thinking if i could actually hook up, i could run in the mid or maybe even low twelves. thanks ahead of time:D

• Sponsors (?)

Hey last time i went to the track i ran a 13.1 at 114 mph, but i spin like hell:notnice: i got 315 35/17 summitomo tires, but im thinking about getting the nitto 555r's. Does anybody know of any better deals on some good sticky drag radials? i was thinking if i could actually hook up, i could run in the mid or maybe even low twelves. thanks ahead of time:D

If you are talking Drag Radials...

Mickey T Drag Radials are the best, but you will get 5K to 10K tops on the road with them before you need new ones. Driving these in the rain is not safe, at all, in my opinion.

Nitto 555s are good, but they are better suited to someone who wants to daily drive. Maybe 15K to 20K.

I've had both of these tires. There are some classes that consider the Mickey T D/R the same as a slick, so check the rules if you want to enter at a track.

tstang21 said:
not high jack the thread but could 315s fit on cobra r wheels ?17x9 i believe

The largest tire I would but on 9 inch rim is a 275. This looks killer and performs well. An experienced tech could probably shoe horn a 315 on there but it would look and handle like crap.

Adam

If you are talking Drag Radials...

Mickey T Drag Radials are the best, but you will get 5K to 10K tops on the road with them before you need new ones. Driving these in the rain is not safe, at all, in my opinion.

Nitto 555s are good, but they are better suited to someone who wants to daily drive. Maybe 15K to 20K.

I've had both of these tires. There are some classes that consider the Mickey T D/R the same as a slick, so check the rules if you want to enter at a track.

The largest tire I would but on 9 inch rim is a 275. This looks killer and performs well. An experienced tech could probably shoe horn a 315 on there but it would look and handle like crap.

Adam

+1

I went from a 275 45 17 Nitto DR to a skinny MT 235 60 15 and the difference was substantial! Those little MT’s hook far….far….far better than the Nitto’s could ever dream of! There is no doubt however that they will last only a fraction of what I would get out of the Nitto’s.

I owned some MT drag radials and they hook like crazy! But they were on my daily driver and half the tread was gone in about 2 months. Thats without burnouts, cause a burnout was damn near impossible without burning my clutch. They are absolutely horrible in the rain, almost killed myself a couple times... Great track tires though!

Yep, those Sumitomos are decent street tire, but when they start to spin they are useless. As stated, get a extra set of rims and go with MT or BFG's. For more of a driver, get the Nittos.
Nittos 315's run on the small side and can fit a 9" rim, but the BFG's & MT will not.

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah i was planning on getting a seperate set of rims for the track, but i just wasnt sure which was the best option. Ive heard multiple things about multiple tires, but now im leaning more towards the MT drag radials and keeping the summitomos for the street. By the way my rims are 10.5. Thanks again guys