Anyone turbo their 3.8 sn95 Mustang ? [build progress]

98Mustang2017

May 3, 2017
ct
This is the progress im at right now. I can add turbo #2 but the clutch cable and brake stuff is in the way of the downpipe.
I will be adding hood air scoops. I'll probably do metal scoops. I need to cut a bit more for the air filter as well.
Yeah, my hood's cracked. Hood pins are on the list also.

20180729_032743.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Many years ago we did a build like that for a 95. It was fun headache.
A headache indeed. !00% cut and weld. Angles have to be right. Must be flush with the head. Ugh. lol.
And now the egr tube must be welded to a downpipe. IAT and MAF before the turbo with a properly sized tube (or slightly different to modify fuel trim)
Dual hood scoops for some flare.. and an EFI setup to learn how to re-engineer the programming to.

We did a remote mount on it. Hind sight that was stupid of us.
I dont think its stupid. Just need the right size of everything. And/Or compound turbo it if you have to.
I remember rear-mounting this car. It was waaayyy easier to do than front-mount. several couplers, straight pipes, and a u bend to go around the axle and done.
Oil is just a pump and lines. Turbo ended up being too small. way too small. Fiat500 type of small. Looked alright though. If it worked it would've been a real eye catcher.