anyone with a vortech and a fox throttle body conversion needed.....

Green 94 5.0

Founding Member
Mar 25, 2002
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
well, as many of you know i am in the process of swapping in a 331. i want to go with a fox style t/b and was told when i called vortech to order the fox inlet from the blower that it wasnt as easy as swapping in the tube from the blower to the throttle body and that i would be better off just going with a fox kit (brackets, headunit and all). can someone who has been through this before let me know? if it is more complicated than just changing the tube i think i will stick with the sn95 setup.

• Sponsors (?)

The bracketry on our SN95 units puts the blower closer to the motor than in the foxbodies, that means the tube will be too long by about 2 inches. You can use the tube but you'll have to cut off about 2 inches and you'll have to use a reducer coupling that goes from 3in to 2.75 in or something close to that.

Also the hole where the bypass valve is will put the bypass valve very close to your headers and the vacuum hose will be facing the headers- so you'll have to put an elbow in there to get the bypass valve away from the headers.

Those are some of the things I can recall.