AOD GUYS HELP/ EXTERNAL COOLER Q'S

cmb91LX

Apr 20, 2004
Memphis
Ok , here is the deal. I have an AOD just put in my 91 and I am going the external cooler route. Problem is, I do not have the quick connect fitting to go in the fluid cylinders on the side of the trans and I dont know where to get them. Do any of you guys have a particular kit on your car that made this installation much simpler. Do you know who would sell an external line kit with the fittings. Please make my life simpler and let me know how you guys have done it successfully. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

One thing to keep in mind is the location of the cooler. Most folks put them in front of the condenser/radiator - but this causes those heat exchangers to work that much harder. I'd look for a location low down front that allows the heat off the tranny cooler to not re-enter the airstream passing over the condenser and the rad.

The way mine is setup is i still have the stock steel lines up to the tranny, but where the lines used to go to the radiator they are cut and flared, i have no leaks i have had them like that for about 2 years no problem :nice: so no exhaust clearance problems