Aod shifter linkage

Just installed a new AOD transmission in my car and I was having trouble with the shifter on the transmission being in the down position it was previously in the up position on the last transmission and now with my kick down cable from lokar I think it it is interfering with this cable. And now the rod from the transmission shifter to the shifter in the car is to short. Any Advice?

• Sponsors (?)

Was the transmission swap an AOD for the same model AOD? Did you change anything else? Pictures of the issue will help others answer your questions.
I wanna say the new one is newer the number on the top was different. Sorry pictures kind of suck here's my old setup.

Attachments

• IMG_3744.jpg
    IMG_3744.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_3745.jpg
    IMG_3745.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 229
Not at the moment will upload while at the shop the lever on the transmission in the down position and that lever wont reach the one on the top
Is it a matter of the lever was just installed upside down ? It’s keyed . It only fits two ways .

If yours is the opposite direction and the lever itself is identical The pan needs to come down .

Roll pin removed from the case , nut off the lever (13/16ths ). Pull the lever backward and rotate it where it needs to be facing and then push it back on the linkage in the trans with the key way lined up . Nut back on tight . Roll pin installed back in the case so the lever can’t moved past that point . Pan back on and fill and you’re done .

Swapping the lever around is the right answer. If I remember correctly the cars with column shift linkages (early 80's Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, LTD, Towncar's) the lever was down. I put a 5.0 2bbl version from a Crown Vic into a V6 stang back in the mid 90's and had to deal with it. That drivetrain had the kickdown rod back then (before the cable was around).

Is it a matter of the lever was just installed upside down ? It’s keyed . It only fits two ways .

If yours is the opposite direction and the lever itself is identical The pan needs to come down .

Roll pin removed from the case , nut off the lever (13/16ths ). Pull the lever backward and rotate it where it needs to be facing and then push it back on the linkage in the trans with the key way lined up . Nut back on tight . Roll pin installed back in the case so the lever can’t moved past that point . Pan back on and fill and you’re done .

Flipping it around worked. The shift in the car feels very tight now though