are all 05s 50 state smog legal?

silverGTvert

May 21, 2005
Alabama
Ordered my 05 gt vert recently and now found out I might be moving back to California. Are all new mustangs 50 state smog legal or do I need to get extra equipment for California? Still waiting to recieve the car so I might be able to order the California emissions if thats what it needs? Just, does this cost any more? Also have read people talking about a DORA. What does that mean and how do I find mine?

• Sponsors (?)

I live in CA and when I was looking to buy my 05, I was looking at out of state dealers. When I told them where I lived they said the mustangs on their lot didn't pass CA emissions tests (???) So I "had" to end up having one built instead of buying off the lot

GT89Mustang said:
I think all new cars have to be smog legal in all 50 states, so yea you should be fine as long as you dont remove any emmissions stuff

I think this is correct. I have read posts both here and on another site from guys who bought cars out of state and brought them into California with no problem.

There is not a special CA emissions version of the 05 Mustang, they are all the same.

However, technically you need a CA emissions option (#422) but all that option is, is paperwork.