Are Bilsteins REALLY worth it?

exindust

May 8, 2004
Moorpark, CA
Right now i have H&R Supersports and the ride quality is a little rough with the mach 1 shocks and struts.... if i get bilsteins will the quality be vastly improved or will it still be the same squeaky rocky bumpy creaky crap?

I REALLY want to keep this drop and improve the ride quality BADLY

• Sponsors (?)

IMHO, YES!!! I love my Bilsteins. I got rid of a set of KYB shocks and Toikico (sp?) shocks for Bilstein shocks/struts, and it made a world of difference. The ride was so much better. Trust me, they are worth every penny.

By better, do you mean more stiff and stable at high speeds and corners or do you mean better over bumps.
I'm in the same boat as lesbianmouths there. Love that pic BTW. I have Steeda sports and stock shocks and I don't know what to switch too because I would like a ride that is easier over sharp bumps but also good for corners and such. But I think those wants are polar opposites. I thought it's an either or situation. Stiff-good for corners-hard on bumps or soft-rolls in corners-nice and fluffy over bumps?
Thoughts?

Yes,they are really good quality and have a lifetime warranty
as San said.I had them on my old 92 GT and I must say I loved them! :nice:
Your handling should improve nicely and they are wonderful on
a lowered car.

exindust said:
hmmm im more conerned with ride quality at this point...

well my ride is kind of harsh with the drop, but then again the roads around here are horrendous. The car does not bounce as much as it did with stock shocks, it feels a lot more solid. I'm not really sure you can get great ride quality and great handling... because the handling comes from stiff shocks that quickly dampen vibration, but good ride quality makes me think of cadillacs

BennyBlown2v said:
Bilsteins are awesome, tokico's are ok but I didn't like mine all that much (HP's). Bils FTW!!! :nice: ...coilovers help too ;)
Tell us more about your Bilstein + MM coil over combo. I'm getting ready to purchase me a set, and I'm just looking at what everyone's experience is with the Bisltein MM coil over combo.