Are saleen wheels not cool anymore? Picture/should I buy?

Back in my mustang days these wheels were worth quite a bit...but I found a set of real ones in 18x8.5 for $300. Only bad part is they are either painted or powder coated white. I believe these are the saleen speedster wheels. Any comments if these are still in demand? My mustang hasnt moved more than a mile in over 2 years....but these could look cool one day?

Note: these are not the exact ones for sale,
Image22.gif

• Sponsors (?)

your car's black right? white saleens on a black car? i don't know about that. i could see it working and i can see it looking like horrible. you could always repaint them a different color or have them chromed. We just had a thread about a set of these in chrome come up a couple weeks ago. i say for $300 get them.

Yeah my car is black. The paint/powder coat on these looks pretty rough so I wouldnt feel bad repainting them my color of choice. Only thing is I dont really drive my Mustang anymore (130 miles since Oct 2008). Anyone else need them/what are they worth nowadays?

Just go ahead and get them. $300 is a good price; and like you said, you can paint or powdercoat them any color you like. And it's not like you should buy wheels based on "what's cool" or whatever the current trend in Mustang wheels happens to be. Just buy whatever wheels you want to put on your car.

I get what you're saying Keven, and I agree, it seems these things have been showing up dirty cheap as of late

I think it's just a lucky streak for us 94/95 guys, but the Speedline wheels are still a great deal if you can get'em under a grand

I was actually trying to figure out why they were so cheap. Back when I was into mustangs these wheels were pretty rare/expensive so Iwas surprised to find them so inexpensive.

i dont think 1 for sale ad can define something being inexpensive. We all find good deals on things now and then. You never know who's selling it or why. They may think the wheels arent special at all and just want some quick cash.