asap aod to t5 swap- netural safety

stangboy575

Nov 29, 2006
i just finished the aod to t5 trans swap on my 1990 mustang lx....ive talked to people about the finsihed project and they told me that on start up it wont start cause the computer still thinks its a automatic trans...they said to bypass it i need to cross the wires near the trans to get it to start and theres 4 wires....to make this easyier what wires do i have to cross to complete this last step

• Sponsors (?)

I just finished mine too...will start tomorrow when FedEx finally delivers my Pro 5.0 shifter! I too am curious about the wiring. I put the pedal assembly in and now with the clutch I have two new sensor/switches...I found connectors in the harness to connect them to, but Im not sure if they are right. I have two harnesses on the transmission, but I can only find a place to plug the reverse light harness into...the other harness I have no idea what it is. Please let me know your experiences. Later.

no not yet...its been sittin for awhile and its charging now....ok ill try it.....was there any problems afterwards
Nope no problems afterwards. The only thing... my car starts without the clutch pushed in. I will figure out how to fix it someday.

I just finished mine too...will start tomorrow when FedEx finally delivers my Pro 5.0 shifter! I too am curious about the wiring. I put the pedal assembly in and now with the clutch I have two new sensor/switches...I found connectors in the harness to connect them to, but Im not sure if they are right. I have two harnesses on the transmission, but I can only find a place to plug the reverse light harness into...the other harness I have no idea what it is. Please let me know your experiences. Later.

Pro 5.0 FTW! The 2 clips u plugged in are for cruise control and clutch saftey switch. The other harness under the car might be for the old aod neutral safety.

Let me know how it turns out guys. Im courious to see if you car starts with the clutch out like mine.

Thanks for the help...will let you know. The other harness is actually on my T5 tranny. The sensor that touches the quadrant...I found a plug to hook into it above the radio with a jumper in it. Is that right? Thanks.