ATTN: Vert Owners! Vert top leaking, two possible places... NEED HELP! (Pics, DUW)

BigChiefSmokem

Founding Member
Feb 20, 2002
Jacksonville, FL
Well, i've got water pooling when it rains hard in the back of my convertible top behind the seat in that plastic part that connects to the back of the top and the back of the seat. I've got two possible spots that water is coming in, and need your help on how to fix them... Pix to follow:

The Arrow points to the hole... What part am i missing?? anyone seen this before? this is the most likely culprit as to where the water is coming in and my main concern. This happen to anyone else? DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE PICTURES OF WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE?
DSC00433.JPG

There's also this torn up piece on the passenger side:
DSC00434.JPG

Here you can see the drivers side which is still intact and normal:
DSC00432.JPG

Does anyone know the part number, how how to find out the part number to order this piece from ford so i can replace it myself??? Can anyone provide some assistance?

• Sponsors (?)

Same thing happened to my car on the passenger side. For a moment there I thought you stole my car cause its the same color. I dont know the part number or anything because I havent replaced it yet. Hopefully someone will be able to give us some help. My car just started leaking recently though. I have had the problem with he passenger side since I can remember. How do you like your lightbar? I have been contemplating getting one for a while.

i got a small tear also, passanger side. up where the little and big window connect when its all closed up. no leak yet.....i thought about a light bar also.... but it wont make me any faster, so its on the back burner for now. i would like to know what part number those are also.

good luck

The door pieces arent responsible, its possible the quarter window trim is but i doubt it. Pull out that leather cover thing (it comes out easy) and pressure wash the car and look for the leak that way.

I would guess its your back window itself leaking.

triggz said:
The door pieces arent responsible, its possible the quarter window trim is but i doubt it. Pull out that leather cover thing (it comes out easy) and pressure wash the car and look for the leak that way.

The rear window is tight as a drum. I think its that big ass hole at the rear of the quarter window.. Where did that come from?

I just replace my top about a month ago because I had water laying in the plastic peice behind the seat when it rained. I have the same hole as you in the first pic and cant figure out why its there or how to fix it. But after the top install I no longer have water on the plastic piece so I can tell you it's not coming from the first pic because I still have the hole and don't have any water in back.

You can also take it to a Ford Dealer, tell them you have a problem and would like information about a problem that your having with your Vert. They can't charge you for questions.

triggz said:

I agree. I had my top replaced several months ago. The rear window was "tight", however, the fabric at each bottom corner of the window in the INSIDE was worn enough to allow water to penetrate.

I had the gaps before and after replacement. If any water gets in the openings, the water is directed to vertical channels that exit near the tires under the car. It would be nice if the gaps were smaller, but I don't think that is the problem.

Sorry not sure about the leaking.

The rubber seals between the door and rear 1/4 window are very crappy :notnice: I have just had ford replace the second one 2 weeks ago for the same problem, torn and split ect..
It was done under wty but I can dig out the part number for you tomorrow if you can't find it anywhere. I think they said it was about $15-20 or somthing like that.

good luck.