audio dang burnit!!!

Rockford recommends these specifics for an enclosure for their P1S2-10" https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/p1s2-10/

The vent in the box is a 3" diameter cylinder. I see the boxes on the market have a long slot as a vent instead. Is this slotted design an improvement? Am I ok with ignoring the Rockford recommended vent and going with the slotted type?
I prefer slot type ports over round
The lower velocity from a slot port tends to reduce port noise. Not always, but for a simple box, I prefer slot.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm actually seriously considering this truck type box. I like the low profile. This will sit nice and low just behind back seat in the hatch area. The extra width also gives a nice mounting surface for the amp. Then the whole thing can be taken out easily and even swapped between vehicles. Check out the reviews. People seem to like it for a moderately powered single 10".

Amazon product ASIN B00NG38QW2View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NG38QW2/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
That box is a little on the large size according to their recommended vented enclosure size, but it still might be ok. I don't have access to my box calculator right now, but you would be typically lowering the box tuning frequently by going larger.

Yeah, their specs show a 1.17 internal airspace which would move tuning on that sub around 40-42hz which is just fine for most music. I saw 2.2 on the Amazon link and that was what I was going off of.

Just as an fyi, the speaker design is what dictates the performance and tuning in a box. There are various parameters that you take into consideration when choosing or building a box, such as:
FS, QTS, FB, and size of the driver.

You'll see these listed in the specs for most drivers.

For example, in my spl setup, I used to run 4.8 cubic foot vented enclosures for my 12" kicker comp vr subs. Those subs we're designed to work well in enclosure this big. Not all subs are.

Reactions: 1 user
Qbomb 10 truck box fits nice in the hatch area. It’s even low profile enough to be pushed all the way aft with hatch closed still having clearance for sound waves.

43C2769A-C6CF-4725-9618-AEE3E5F4CACE.jpeg
D1C29F1F-39BD-466E-884A-41DF54CF7185.jpeg

Update

I fixed the Infinity Basslink. The JBL Stage 1010 woofer fits perfect in the Basslink enclosure. Got it dialed in and sounding very nice. Ain’t gonna rattle the neighbors windows but in the car it’s plenty. Very clean.

I guess that means the Qbomb and the Rockford Fostgate stuff is going in the trunk of the convertible. I previously had a Rockville powered sub in the vert but I robbed it and stuck in the Vette. The factory Bose speakers in the vette are still fully functional and being fed by a Kenwood head unit. With the Rockville for base, it’s a really nice sound with plenty of punch.

JBL in the Basslink
1C9CDF6D-0AD5-4B4A-8C07-B3B235A5ECD7.jpeg

Rockville in the vette
93E75F8E-CEEA-4334-95F6-8BD639BF8B97.jpeg

I put the Rockford Fostgate Punch 10 in the Qbomb and attached the amp to the box. I decided to put the amp on the back rather than the top. Fits good.

I wanted to test it out so I pulled the Basslink out of the LX hatch and put the Qbomb assembly in. Wow the Qbomb box kicks like crazy!!! This thing will probably end up in the trunk of the vert. It’s really strong. Probably more than is needed in the hatchback.
B8005712-BB8E-40BA-B0AC-EBEDD2DBEAFB.jpeg
7D9F4C76-4E27-4A1F-98DC-8AF1247A7ACE.jpeg
185F867B-053A-4FAD-B7B8-BAD06ADF82C4.jpeg
A30F5E39-51F6-482C-A85C-B6541DAC9C04.jpeg