Auto tranny swap on a budget

saveferris

Sep 22, 2002
Have a 65 with a 68 302 and matching 3sp transmission. Looking to change to an automatic tranny. Would be something I would keep in there for a year or three until I did the eventual AOD or T5 upgrade so I can put lower gears in it. For now I have hwy gears which are fine. does anyone know of a manufacturer or just have any ideas in general on where to look to find a rebuilt or remanufactured C4? I am in the midwest in Wisconsin about 3 hours north of Chicago. Also, I have an FMX from my 69 convertible in my garage. Will it fit?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a C4 that has been rebuilt with a shift kit and with only a couple hundred miles on it I would be willing to part with. I live in Chicago and could even meet you somewhere in between for the sale. Make me an offer on it if you wan't it. I even have all the automatic tranny linkage I could throw in for the right price.

That is a possibility. What year/vehicle is it from? Rebuild it yourself or have a shop do it? What are you thinking for a price for the whole set up? Milwaukee is a good half way point if we move forward.