Autolite Spark plug wires?

Stang8URMPRT

Dec 28, 2003
Daytona Beach, FL
Hey, guys. I'm going up to Michigan for the summer, from Florida, and driving the Stang. Doin' a complete tune up, and I don't have the time to order FMS wires (which I've always run), so I'm wondering how people like the Autolite plug wires? Gots to be something from the auto parts store if you have any other suggestions... And i don't want to run Accel cut to fits. Thanks

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

Do you still have FMS on there? If so, why would you want to replace them? Just make sure the contacts are clean and keep running them.

I know there's a local Ford dealer carries the FMS wires - check the dealer before wasting money on parts store wires.

Nope, the car doesn't have FMS wires on it, but I've always run FMS wires on my 83. (I just got this car not too long ago) I worked at the local dealer, and we don't care them. Car was in the garage for 6 years, and I have worked all the little bugs out of it from that, and now going on a very long trip with it. Just wanna do a regular tune up. So, does someone have some informative input?

I have not run them on a stang, but have on several cars. they seemed to do alright, i thought. if they come from a national parts store chain, it should be easy to warranty a set out while on the road if an issue arises (and toss your old ones in the trunk just in case).

around here, some parts stores carry MSD wires for about 55-60 bucks. I dont know how tailored they are, but if you have a local parts store with a performance section or a speed shop near by, that might be another option.

good luck Nick.

Yeah, I don't really care to put "performance" wires on it. ya know? I'm not looking for all out performance, but more of a good, lasting, plug wires, and I figured hell... If the autolite plugs are so good, and are factory parts (considering Autolite makes the plugs and wires for Motorcraft), I figured they give me everything I needed.

they have lifetime warranties where you are Nick, right? I have had to swap several sets in (DIS ignitions eat them up a little). Our ignitions are not too shabby, so that is something i would want to be able to do.