Automatic guys rejoice!

• Sponsors (?)

Islander03GT:

Well, all I did was take a small bit to Radio Shack and picked out something similar. I'm sorry but I don't know the gauge -- it is rather fine wire. Any small stuff will do, preferably multi-strand (rather than solid). Also, I suggest that you solder the joints and use heat shrink rather than using little wire nuts.

Chris

Islander03GT:

You only need to remove the cowl, the trim piece that surrounds the shifter. As 'trublustallion' says, it pulls straight up. Try working on the edge at the back first. Once one section is 'up', the rest is easy to remove. Just be careful because there are little metal expansion clips on the plastic tabs (moulded onto the bottom of the cowl); the plastic tabs are long and kind of delicate. If you need to buy a new cowl, it is not very pricey.

Chris

Its done!

Props to MGW and 50resto for fast shipping. I even taught myself to solder today :D . Anyone who has been contemplating this one, do it. Huge difference in how your interior looks, cost me about 100 bucks.

Enough with that stuff, here's the pics. The little black button is the O/D, which works great!

234925_58_full.jpg

234925_59_full.jpg

234925_61_full.jpg

dkshadow said:
"Faster" is a subjective word. Not everyone that has a 5-speed is inherently faster than their automatic counterparts. For instance, you might suck ass with the 5-speed and will get killed by an auto since itll be IMPOSSIBLE to miss a gear. Also, not everyone that has an auto has a stock, slow car . Theres a reason some went with the auto.

Yeah but Auto w/ stall and shift kit will be consistent and kill a regular 5 speed car. ;)

Plus you don't have to worry about 1st to 2nd clunk either.

Maybe I should have gone auto instead. :bang:

Krillind8z said:
Yeah but Auto w/ stall and shift kit will be consistent and kill a regular 5 speed car. ;)

Plus you don't have to worry about 1st to 2nd clunk either.

Maybe I should have gone auto instead. :bang:
I even forgot I made that post :scratch:

And Im saving up for a 2800-3200 stall converter and a new Vavle Body. It should be one badass set up :D

That is one bad ass mama jama!! I look forward to doing the same thing.

I was laughing my butt off cause someone mentioned the "ET" handle. I too thought the same thing.

I bought my 99 GT at a great deal and had low low miles. It is a laser red vert with grey leather, I wasn't gonna pass her up.
I have yet to lose to a stick stang---and my car is completely stock! I prefer 5 speed cause its a lot more fun but I don't regret my stang being an auto.