Fox B303 GT40p Power Estimate

93CalypsoConvert

Nov 26, 2020
Virginia
I'm sure somewhere there is another post about this but I'm too lazy to go find it. Also, there is not a dyno close to me so I can't go see for myself.

I have a holley sniper efi system, high performance intake manifold, iron GT40p heads, B303, stock rockers, stock bottom end, 1 5/8 shorty headers, no emissions, and exhaust is just two flowmaster 40s.

I'm guessing around 250-270 crank? If anyone has some real numbers let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

You could find something close here:
Unless you're more lazy than me :jester:

Prob around 275-285 crank, all depending on supporting mods. 93 cobras were around 275 crank with the standard gt40 and the 40p is an improved version technically.

Last edited:
Dont feel bad, according to revhead I also have :poo: heads... but your really fkd, you have a :poo: cam too.... LOL
DSCF1091.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Opinions, just opinions, some with more experience than others, my opinion would be for schlepping around town grabbing a burger, going to the car show they work ok, the cam can be finicky at low rpms but the idle is old school fox body sexy, there are better cams and heads out there, technology marches on.

I've said this a few times here on the forum.

One of my favorite combos I got to drive a few times when i was younger was a friend's 93 LX with a 302, GT40P heads, Cobra intake, and a B303 camshaft. Had headers, off-road Hpipe and flows. 5-spd with factory 3.08's. Car had torque and was plenty of fun to rip around with.

Yes, there are better parts out there, but there are always going to be better combos out there. Sometimes less is more

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I've said this a few times here on the forum.

One of my favorite combos I got to drive a few times when i was younger was a friend's 93 LX with a 302, GT40P heads, Cobra intake, and a B303 camshaft. Had headers, off-road Hpipe and flows. 5-spd with factory 3.08's. Car had torque and was plenty of fun to rip around with.

Yes, there are better parts out there, but there are always going to be better combos out there. Sometimes less is more
Similar to mine, but with a carb and TF stage 1 cam...... As you said, I hope its going to be lots of fun..
Will it be the fastest car at the Drags?? WHO CARES........ LOL
DSCF1147.JPG

I'm just afraid that if we all don't get with the times, we are going to be those guys with the "double camel humps, and the 3/4 race cam."

Kurt

• Haha
A little late to the party, but this:

I'm just afraid that if we all don't get with the times, we are going to be those guys with the "double camel humps, and the 3/4 race cam."

Kurt

is kinda how I feel when I see people posting "stage X" [cam, clutch, suspension, etc] and [part] delete. Granted, most manufacturers are listing parts that way and if you're really interested you can look up specs. But it always bothers me when someone describes their ride as having a "muffler delete." No dumbass, you just removed your muffler to make your car LOUD. It's not like it disappeared at the stroke of a key on your laptop. :cautious:

New slang vs old slang.... - I guess I'm just getting old and cranky..... :shrug:

I used to run a B-cam in a stock 86 bottom end with a Kenne Bell sitting on top.

I don't recommend this as odd things began to happen when I cranked the engine over and achieved idle:

areUaGod.gif

@General karthief was sitting in the passenger seat and says, "No"! :doh:

Luckily we were able to cross the streams and seal the gate to hell.

That was the last time I tried a B cam in a Ford block with boost. :oops: Thankfully we never got to WOT. Who knows what would have happened? :nonono:

They are not made from materials found on this plane.

• Haha
I do enjoy the look on peoples faces when I use terms like "rams horns & 3/4 race cam" though ... or telling kids my 408 11R Windsor is a "302 with a Holley 600 & flows".
The best kids face I love to see is when someone uses a rotary dial phone on TV..... LOL......

• Haha
A little late to the party, but this:

is kinda how I feel when I see people posting "stage X" [cam, clutch, suspension, etc] and [part] delete. Granted, most manufacturers are listing parts that way and if you're really interested you can look up specs. But it always bothers me when someone describes their ride as having a "muffler delete." No dumbass, you just removed your muffler to make your car LOUD. It's not like it disappeared at the stroke of a key on your laptop. :cautious:

New slang vs old slang.... - I guess I'm just getting old and cranky..... :shrug:

As someone who has had a Trick Flow "stage 3 cam" and built an engine with camel hump heads, I am self critical. To add to your story, I am part of a group for a particular hot hatchback. Unfortunately they let guys in from the last generation of that hatch which was basically an economy car with a body kit. These dudes are talking about a "rear windshield wiper delete mod." You haven't modded :poo:, you have made your car worse. Now you can't see the car behind you, because you can't wipe the water off your rear windshield after it has sucked all the water up off the road.

Kurt

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users