Bassani = Hollow?

Well, I'd like to get a new catback..I'm kinda tired of the straight through muffler sound, and would like to have that twangy/hollow sound..I've heard a couple of Bassani systems, and they seem to have that sound. My questions are:

1. How loud is Bassani (with o/r pipe)
2. Does Bassani sound really hollow?
3. What are the other kits out there that have this hollow sound?
4. Do you even know what I'm talking about when I say "hollow"?

-Kyle

• Sponsors (?)

flowmasters and MAC sound the most hollow-sounding to me. :shrug: especially with an offroad midpipe.

never really liked the sound of bassani's mufflers or midpipes tho. always sound like someone gargling or coughing up phlem....not really a hollow sound.

Stock exhaust FTW

Cutting off perfectly good stainless steel exhaust components and spending large coin to replace perfectly good exhaust components FTMFL

:shrug:

I know, that is controversial... But let me tell you a story.

When I was a senior in high school I had a 1969 Mustang vert. Removed the entire exhaust system... Installed blackjack headers and thrush glass packs. Shiot bottomed out all the time and when it came time to sell it guess what? Yeah that's right, brand new complete stock exhast had to go back on to get it to sell.

So think carefully before you do anything above and beyond weld in mufflers.

//flame suit ON!!!

Kilgore Trout said:
Stock exhaust FTW

Cutting off perfectly good stainless steel exhaust components and spending large coin to replace perfectly good exhaust components FTMFL

:shrug:

I know, that is controversial... But let me tell you a story.

When I was a senior in high school I had a 1969 Mustang vert. Removed the entire exhaust system... Installed blackjack headers and thrush glass packs. Shiot bottomed out all the time and when it came time to sell it guess what? Yeah that's right, brand new complete stock exhast had to go back on to get it to sell.

So think carefully before you do anything above and beyond weld in mufflers.

//flame suit ON!!!
:rlaugh:
no way....did he just say that? :eek:

Many of todays aftermarket stainless steel systems are T-304 (and mandrel bent), higher quality and greater corrosion resistance than the T-409 the factory exhaust components are made of.

If you use a sawz-all to cut the stock exhaust system and keep it, you will spend about $40 having it welded back together if you ever decide to sell the car.

No flaming killy, just offerin an alternative pov :)

I hear ya Helty... In my opinion the time to mod something is when the factory part has failed or it is unacceptable. I guess it all depends on how one defines "unacceptable" and how rich one is :)

I'll get a clip of mine...it's dreamy =)

EDIT: It's cold outside, so it's really poppy when I rev. I recorded it in a note from my dad's PDA, but I can't extract it from that note. Any ideas how to extract an audio recording (made on Windows Mobile 2005) from a Outlook note file (.pwi)??

"The Mustang has the sweetest sound. A trained ear can hear one from 5 blocks away."
Twista!!! Your signature is so true! I always tell people, "I hear a Mustang..." and sure enough a few minutes later, one comes barrelin' around the corner. They are always like, "How the EF do you do that?!"

SO TRUE.

And I don't think there is anything really wrong with Mac or Flows, quality may not be perfect, but the price isn't near Bassani's either. Should easily last you for years, and by then you'll want a new exhaust again anyways.