Bassani x-pipe install question

jojomustang

Nov 21, 2006
Dallas, TX
I just installed the Bassani x-pipe with high flow cats on my 06 today. I had heard that o2 extensions were not needed on the manual transmissions, but my system is about 3"-6" too short to plug back up. I also noticed that the exhaust tips are sticking out the back about a 1/2"-1" more than before. I've already tried loosing all the fittings and then pushing/shoving/wiggling/banging the pipes as far forward as they will go. Any one else experienced similar issue with their installs? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I have the 6pc bassani x pipe which I'm assuming you have? If so, I DID use O2 extensions from BBK but I have an auto. I did not have any muffler issues (that I took notice too anyway), make sure you use that copper lube that they give you on all joints to properly seal, I found it after my install and have a minor leak. If your mufflers are messed up I would check and recheck all the slip fit joints maybe tap em in with a rubber mallot to be sure since bassani makes a squared away product it should be a perfect fit. Also check the over axle pipes to make sure they are fitted right as thay might be causing you the muffler problem.

Another potential issue

Another thing I noticed during the install that may be a problem is that the xpipe hanger on the driver's side is pinned against (touching) a bolt head sticking out from the floor of the car. Not sure if this is normal, or possibly contributing to some of my problems.

You know, my 08 didn't come with hangers for the h-pipe, had to cut the hangers on after market pipes off. Anyone know why they deleted the hangers on the later cars?
Dan

So has anyone else with a manual trans. had an issue such as mine in which the xpipe hanger is hitting a bolt on the underside of the car, and with the o2 sensors not reaching after the install (requiring o2 extensions)???

Wonder if my hanger got bent in shipping or welded on at an improper angle.