Battery relocation wiring question???help....

Ok i got the Taylor battery relocate kit and switch for my 65 Mustang. I got the box installed and new wires run from box to engine compartment, i got the main power cable from
battery installed on solenoid on same side as previously done per instructions, Now instruction say to run a second cable from switch directly to the alternator to kill it when you turn
switch off. Here is my Question. I have a stock ford unit i believe its' 55 0r 60 amps, it has 3 different wires coming off it. The instuctions say to run the power for altnernator directly to the switch. What about the other wires on the alternator? Can anyone shield some light on exactly where the other wires on altnerator are suppose to go when you relocate the battery? Thanks....I'm not the brightest light in the box when it comes to wiring stuff.....
:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Agreed. Simply have have cables custom made (if they didn't come with your kit) and run them to the same locations they were before. Positive goes to the solenoid, ground goes to any clean, metal spot on the chassis or body. Just be sure to have a seperate ground strap running from the chassis to the engine block.

I had the same problem. Seemed like no one could help me much either cause I think most people now are running the one wire alternators. It took me a long time to figure it out. Yes you have to run the one side of the big power wire to one side of the switch and the other half of the wire to the other side of the switch. (think of it as just cutting the power wire in half and hook one end up to one side and the other half to the other side of the switch) I just left the other 2 wires. The ONE thing to remember though is, you should cut the power wire RIGHT AFTER the alternator. Then run the 2 wires back to the switch. This wire goes back and Y's off to other wires, so if you would cut that wire after one of the Y's, the engine would still run after killing the switch.