BBK vs FRPP shorty headers

• Sponsors (?)

Are they the chrome BBKs? If so the chrome will blue with in a few weeks of having them on the car. At least that is my experience. My BBKs also started to develop some surface rust on them. I am sure that I probably could have steel wooled it off but that would have required removing them.

I now have the FRPP ceramics on my 93. They look great and best of all I can work around the headers 15 minutes after I shut the car down. The reason I made the switch was because I changed out to the P heads and the BBKs wouldn't work with the relocated spark plugs.

The chrome was my only problem with the BBKs. They went on easy and never gave me any fitment or leaking issues, put on some locking header bolts too.

The other nice thing about the FRPPs is that I believe they are stainless so rust is less of an issue.

i'm happy with my BBK's, easy to install and look good when they are new

i say with the blueing of my headers it makes them "original" cause you wil never see headers that are discoloured exactly the same :rlaugh: lol ah ya that was a dumb joke

88_GT_5_oh said:
all shorty headers are gonna be easy to install
I disagree.

Aparently you have never tried to install some MAC 1 1/2 equal length shorties with no solid flange. :notnice:
There are A LOT of cheap headers that are not easy to bolt on.

Just cause it says "Bolt On" doesn't mean it is.....

I'd go FRPP. They fit the best and 3 year down the road will still look new.

My BBK's look like ass now. Not to mention when i bought them, one of the collectors was welded in the wrong spot. I had to buy another set of headers from a local speed shop, swap the defective header and return it since my car was out of commission after hacking off my entire stock exhaust with a sawzall.

I love my FRPP ceramics. Nice thick one-piece flange and they still look great! Are the BBK's a one-piece flange? When I was trying to decide, that was a big factor for me, because I want to do some mods and I don't want warpage to cause problems if I have to take them off and re-install. Nothing but kudos to FRPP from me. :hail2: Besides, they designed the engine so they know it well.

89sleeper said:
I disagree.

Aparently you have never tried to install some MAC 1 1/2 equal length shorties with no solid flange. :notnice:
There are A LOT of cheap headers that are not easy to bolt on.

Just cause it says "Bolt On" doesn't mean it is.....

i worded mine wrong...... what i meant was unequals..... i heard all equal lengths are a PITA, when i hear shorty i aways think unequals

i JUST put in my order yesterday for my frpp ceramics from summit. just under $310 shipped. I've installed both. if you don't give a damn what they look like after a while, get the bbk chromes, they are a fine header at a decent price, however, in my opinion, the ford headers are in an entire different league, they are simply beautiful. Here are the ones my bro installed onto his car.

Attachments

• header1.jpg
    header1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2,128