Been awhile. Does this stang look decent?

diponyou50

Apr 21, 2005
ok so its been awhile since ive had a mustang but i came across this on cl.

its a 85 lx 5.0, 5speed, the guy said clutch is good,brakes good,interior is clean,body is in good condition,paint is dull,etc.

I think i can pick it up for about $700ish.

im just looking to get back into stangs,and build a cool little budget street beast.

is it worth it or should i pass it up?

heres some pics.sorry that they are so small.
View attachment 206317
View attachment 206318
View attachment 206319
3o43p93lb5Q35Z45U4aag0aa05f452a53125d.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

How much do you know about it? Have you looked at it yet? Looks like the chin spoiler is a little crooked and it looks like there might be some dents in the pass door right at the body line. If the chin spoiler is bent, you might want to take a good look at the suspension for damage when you go look at it. But if it runs and drives good I think it's a good deal for 700.

I'd pick it up for 1g if I was looking for a new project car. Keep in mind though that it will have flat-top pistons, you will be rather limited in head selection. Picking up an explorer motor from a junkyard may be an option though.

I'd pick it up for 1g if I was looking for a new project car. Keep in mind though that it will have flat-top pistons, you will be rather limited in head selection. Picking up an explorer motor from a junkyard may be an option though.

As far as heads go im just planning on a set of gt40ps

I think that is a fairly rare car too. Not many 5.0 lx 4-eye cars out there.

and yeah when i saw the ad i couldnt believe it was a lx. i dont think ive ever actually seen one without the wing in person, that i can recall.

and i love the 4 eyes as well. i would really like an 86, but i did some reading and it seems these carbed ones are cheaper to mod. and im pretty good at tuning carbs.

As long as the frame is straight and it doesn't have any rust in it I'd say that's a decent deal. The carb is a good thing for your wallet, carb + intake is a lot cheaper then injectors, fuel pump, FPR, EFI intake, TB, EGR spacer, MAF, then something to tune it with. :p

was going to go look at it and the guy tells me:
i cant get it started,needs a heater core,mufflers are shot.

Im not too worried about the heater core or mufflers but who knows why it cant start? it could be a mess...

i think the guy is just trying to get rid of it so im going to keep talking to him and hopefully i can get it for next to nothing.

well i told him 700 before when i thought it started, and he didn't say no but also didn't really say yes.
so now im going to try and give him 300ish.

im about to buy a house so i dont want to spend too much money ya know.