Been Busy These Last Few Weeks...

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
15 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
things have been CRAZY the last few weeks... havent even driven my car in months!

picked up the turbo car so the NOS car can be retired...
first night at the track with it we dropped a valve. the springs had about 360lbs of open pressure. and with a 600 lift solid roller cam thats not even close to the types of pressure we need. we still went [email protected]

so the stud mount rockers came out along with the exhaust valve and new springs locks and retainers all around. had titanium locks and retainers with nitech springs installed (775 open pressure to give us some head room).

missed the race at SGMP so we could get the car back together and get more testing in. went to the final call at 75/80 had to get out of the gas a bit and went [email protected] mph so the power was there and more! just needed to get it to stay hooked up and bring it in faster!
well the 2nd pass we broke what we thought was a cam pin and bolt. turned out to be a broken lifter which scored the cam up. got lucky and no bent valves. so the whole motor is out currently getting new cam new rings rods and bearings to get rid of the heavy ass steel rods. going to GRP aluminum rods so we can free up a good bit of power. the old cam turned out to be an NA street strip cam according to bullet cams. so the new one should actually be a turbo cam.

we will be missing the last points race at cecil for the season to make the push to get the car ready for ford fever and the WCF at MIR where we will be running it out the back!

• Sponsors (?)

Been wondering where you were hiding...
Going over a car
Racing
Pulling heads
Reinstalling heads
Putting new rockers on it
Having new push rods over nighted from smith brothers
Going over a car again
Racing
Pulling heads off
Finding broken lifter
Pulling motor
Researching cams
Trying to find a 5.400" aluminum rod in stock

And here I am lol... Pretty much been in the shop working our asses off

Reactions: 1 user
Someone really missed the spring pressure, it had to be a mistake and not intentional. That is hydraulic spring territory! Whos lifters, brand? When the valve train goes in to harmonics $hit will brake! Are you going shaft mounted rocker? Im running more spring pressure on my car that is solid roller street car. I think im about 500lbs on the nose.

Scott

Someone really missed the spring pressure, it had to be a mistake and not intentional. That is hydraulic spring territory! Whos lifters, brand? When the valve train goes in to harmonics $hit will brake! Are you going shaft mounted rocker? Im running more spring pressure on my car that is solid roller street car. I think im about 500lbs on the nose.

Scott

The new springs are around 775 open pressure...
Had jesel shaft mount y2k rockers rushed. We are thinking there was a cam change from hydraulic to solid roller and never had the springs changed.
It's got comp solid rollers in it and we gave a new set going in. We ran them in the nitrous car without issue. They get replaced yearly and are a 3rd the cost of jesels.