Best Cold Air Intake

• Sponsors (?)

rs-turbo said:
Have you looked at Amsoil new Ea Filters? They use nano-fiber technology, are reusable, and are dry filters so no need for reoiling that can also get on the MAF sensor and cause false readings. Good for 100K or 4 years, flow as well as the gauze filters, but filter out about 50x the dust. To clean them you just use a shop vac around 25K. Here's the link to the drop in filter style for stock boxes:

Ea Air Filters

And for the universal filters for aftermarket intakes:

Ea Air Induction Filters

I've held off buying a CAI until these induction filters finally came out. Now I'm leaning towards a JLT, if one of these filters will fit it, based from the feedback I've read here.

I do remember someone mentioning these in another thread a while back and I wanted to check them out. Thanks for the links. Do you have one? Like it? Tell any difference? .....

DTNODYA said:
I do remember someone mentioning these in another thread a while back and I wanted to check them out. Thanks for the links. Do you have one? Like it? Tell any difference? .....
It was him in the other thread...he's a cough cough DEALER cough cough :D
I am interested in the new Amsoil technology myself...

lover said:
DBZ has been the best cartoon for a while. Goku is kool, but i like Vegetta...
I went all through the Frieza, Androids, Cell, and Majin Buu episodes, but I kind of fell off after that. Really couldn't get into DBZGT. Don't be ashamed. Me and a few of my buddies are married with kids and we all watch it and exchange the tapes sometimes, and we are 30+. So you're good...lol

Goku is in my avatar in another forum with lightning flashing around him...:nice:

Awsome! Glad im not the only one who watches it haha, but they took it off of cartoon network for some reason :shrug: . I also liked the regular DBZ.....something about a 3 foot tall kid with insane power kicking everyones butt on DBZGT couldnt let me get into lol. Hopefully the next one is better. :nice:
I also liked the original DB that was some funny crap, with master roshe (sp) always trying to see that one girl take a shower and always watching the girl excersize station. :lol:

Yup, that probably was me, I did post the links a few weeks ago in one of the threads. I was using an Amsoil 2-Stage Foam filter before, and before that was available, I did have a K&N. To tell you the truth, I didn't notice much of a difference between any of them, although if I recall, I did notice some fine dust in the instake pipe when I switched from the K&N. When I switched from the 2-Stage Foam in two of my cars, which was also an oiled filter, I noticed some oil in the intake side of the box where some did settle, so I'm assuming some did get ingested while driving. Based on the information I heard in some of our meetings held by two of the people responsible for developing these new Ea filters and their partnering up with various major companies with development, they sound exciting. I have heard some feedback that going straight from a stock paper filter that they notice a seat of the pants difference and some MPG improvement. Actually my MPG went up a little, but I did a few other things to the car at the same time, mainly a new IAC, so I can't say for sure if this was the reason. The universal filter came out last month. Had I known the actual release date of these, I probably would have held off getting the stock Ea filter I installed in April until I figured out which CAI I liked. We were told that they probably weren't going to be released until summer. In December they showed us the prototype they had just received, so figured it wasn't going to be until late summer. Guess they must have been happy with the prototype and production started up soon after.