Best gear for Saleen supercharged car?

I'm trying to pick a gear to replace the 3.08 piece in my 99 Saleen. It has an original Saleen Roots style blower and I've heard not to overgear them.
I want to use 3.73s but most people suggest 3.55s. Is that enough change to make a noticeable differance? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
BTW, its a 5spd.

• Sponsors (?)

98 Roush said:
............thanks for the input on it being twin screws. I wasn't sure if it was that or a Roots style.

Your '99 Saleen = roots style blower (Eaton Model 90).

2K1GtfromSC mentioned that he formerly had a twin screw blower (Saleen Series IV on his GT). He sold the car and upgraded to the Cobra.

I went with 3.55 with the roots, which are 15% shorter than the stock 3.08 and made a good difference.
RPM went from 2000rpm@80mph on 5th to 2500rpm@80mph which is decent.
If you ever put a 6speed you can go 3.73 to get similar ratios on 1st and last gear.

98 Roush said:
The car is just a toy, so I'm not afraid of gears. I just want it to work well with a positive displacement blower, and the low end torque they produce.
Also,thanks for the input on it being twin screws. I wasn't sure if it was that or a Roots style.

If it's really just a toy. Go 4.10's - they are an absolute blast with these blowers. I have them and would never go back.

Both my 60s muscle cars have low gears, 4.30 & 4.56 Dana's. But they don't have that super low 1st gear either. I'm afraid with 4.10s the car won't 60' due to tire spin. I lean towards the 3.73s but still worry about the tire spin.
1st gear in the Mopar 4spd is 2.56. In the Mustang isn't it about 3.31? If so thats like 5.13s in the older cars.
Most info I have says 3.55s, but I'm the kind of guy that "if its not for street use" its just right for me.

BTW, I'm back to thinking its a roots type again. Any guess as to the total factory boost before I go screwing with it?

It has an X pipe with no cats. I want to put a smaller blower pulley on it soon. Right now, in 1st gear, from a roll, if I nail it boost goes to 7pds and it blows the back tires out from under it. They're Kumho 295/35x18s. I know the lower gears are going to make this worse but I want better part throttle response.