Mach 1 Best Headers/Questions about Bassani

• Sponsors (?)

If your gonna get headers, then you better get everything back of that upgraded also. The Bassani Catted X will bolt right up with the headers. I've seen afew people's dyno numbers with the Bassani midlengths and it looks alittle disappointing. Pretty much 10RWHP gain. But one guy did claim he gained 20RWHP. I don't know if that was a fluke or not. If it was me, I think I'd go with Long Tubes. Basically the same price as the Bassani's. Just my opinion.

larrendeuce said:
How low do the longtubes hang? I couldn't use them on my GT because they would contact the K-member brace.

That exact same thought has kept me from buying Long Tubes for my Mach. I have a serious fear that they will hang too low and scrape over the 6 speed bumps I have to go over everyday in my apartment complex. Otherwise, I would have gotten them long ago. :(

Long tubes yield the best performance gain, no question. Mid-length headers would certainly be an improvement over stock, just not as much. And an X-pipe would flow better and perform better than an H-pipe.... one reason why the 2000 Cobra R came with a Bassani X-pipe.