Best Longtubes for a stock block H/C/I combo

Jackie Chan

I didn't read this.
Founding Member
Oct 17, 2002
Orlando, FL
well I have my cobra sold( i just didnt see the sense in putting a h/c/i on it when thats what makes it a cobra) and bought another 95 gt to replace it

my plans are to go with a edelbrock heads, systemax or ported performer intake and a custom cam. I want to go longtubes but dont know which make the best power and have great fitment. if they are all the same, ill go with cheapies since i dont care about the bling factor. im looking to make power up to around 6200 or maybe more and go 11's NA

I searched but didnt find what i was looking for.

also parts im looking to aquire still are:

light weight k member setup

intake

longtubes

im gravitating toward the 1 5/8 size

• Sponsors (?)

Not to be a smartass but, are you saying that the stock GT brakes are BETTER than the Cobra's because they are "lighter"? Oh my.
(GT brakes are downright DANGEROUS at stock power levels. I can't imagine trying to stop an H/C/I car with them.)

Not to be a smartass but, are you saying that the stock GT brakes are BETTER than the Cobra's because they are "lighter"? Oh my.
(GT brakes are downright DANGEROUS at stock power levels. I can't imagine trying to stop an H/C/I car with them.)
dangerous?? hahaha i hope you are joking. if you failed to read my post i am going for a 1/4 car, something cobra brakes are overkill for.

dangerous?? hahaha i hope you are joking. if you failed to read my post i am going for a 1/4 car, something cobra brakes are overkill for.

I certainly can see your thinking :nice:
cause ...
Its always about application :Word:

Then again ... I would'a just made power with that Cobra ;)

Another thing about those big Cobra brakes :(

Can't get a set of 15" Weld Prostars around em :bang:

Grady

I just re-read your original post. It didn't say anything about it being a 1/4 mile only car. I see your point, if you're going to trailer the car to the track. But if you are going to have a fast track car that you're going to drive on the street at all, I think it's dumb to short change the brakes. I just don't see where there is THAT much of a weight savings, to risk the car I built myself, to save a pound or two.

I'm not trying to talk you in to Cobra's. Just pointing out that we both think differently. That's ok.

To each his own. Have fun. ;)

I just re-read your original post. It didn't say anything about it being a 1/4 mile only car. I see your point, if you're going to trailer the car to the track. But if you are going to have a fast track car that you're going to drive on the street at all, I think it's dumb to short change the brakes. I just don't see where there is THAT much of a weight savings, to risk the car I built myself, to save a pound or two.

I'm not trying to talk you in to Cobra's. Just pointing out that we both think differently. That's ok.

To each his own. Have fun. ;)
stock brakes are fine if you are driving normal on streets