Best Ottawa area performance shops

Battleship

Dec 15, 2005
Kanata, Ont
My first post on this excellent forum...

I just recently purchased a 2000 Yellow Spring Edition GT and would like to add a performance exhaust system. Can anyone make suggesions on the best shops in the area to do the work.

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Excellent... Thank you.

Just had a look around their webpage and I think I will shoot them off an email.
This would be my first performance mod, I think it makes sense to start with exhaust.
Any suggestions ie, Magnaflow, Flowmaster etc? Would like to keep this below a thousand dollars installed, is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Are you thinking headers, H-Pipe or X-Pipe and Catback ? I dont think you could do those for less that a thousand. Well I dont really know your taste, but the Mac Pro-chamber and Mac catback with 3in stainless tips sounds pretty good. I always loved the Flowmasters also. Its that common nice muscle car sound. Go ask your buddies in the modular forums what they think about that and what they like. I dont really know modulars.

I have the catalytic MAC Prochamber due to emissions testing. It sounds pretty good, but isn't that much louder then stock. If you are willing to wait, you are more then welcome to stop by in the Spring when I have my GT out, if you wanted to hear what it sounds like. It cost me $600.00 (after shipping, taxes etc. from 2KoolPerformance) before installation (would have done it myself, but it's a pain without a proper lift).

For shop recommendations, I recommend:

Spenc at 2KoolPerformance (in Prescott) (GREAT guy to deal with, very customer oriented, and fair prices)

Mike at No Limits (in Ottawa). Another great guy. Fair prices. Doesn't do installations though.

Also, Steeda.ca MIGHT be good, but they are horrible at responding to emails lately, so you be the judge.

I WOULD NOT recommend:

Sterling Ford in Ottawa. There is nothing good about this place, don't waste your time/money.

and

Stalker Performance in Ottawa.

Hope that helps you out some. Any questions just ask in here or PM me.

Matt

Battleship said:
Any suggestions ie, Magnaflow, Flowmaster etc?

Greets and welcome to the boards.

Exhaust -- you've got a massive decision ahead of you. Lots of different flavours out there, and the mix-and-match possibilities... are endless. You could do like me, and spend years trying to figure out which one to get. You can try to find sound-clips and videos, but ultimately -- it's best to try to hook up locally with other drivers to experience first hand what sound you are looking for.

Headers and mid-pipe -- are going to net you the most HP gain, and have some impact on the sound of your ride.

Cat-back systemp (mufflers, resonators) -- I don't think this is proven to provide much of any performance gain, but this is where most of the sound-change comes from.

For myself, I ended up choosing the Magnaflow catted-X pipe with the Magnapack cat-back system. Gotta LOVE IT!!

Battleship said:
Would like to keep this below a thousand dollars installed, is this possible?

Errr... might be tough. I think for my setup, I paid $1200 to $1400. Install done with a buddy. And then an extra $50 to get an exhaust shop to fit one of the pieces that was a little stubborn...

.ron

I had my flowmaster catback installed at Bruno's Permormance on Merivale before Slack Road.

There is one more person that does work that I know of. Nick's Automotive.
It is located after Bruno's Performance on the other Side of Merivale(right hand side right behind the Tim Hortons. This guy has been into performance Cars for a while. I had my gears done there.
He has a 67 Camaro SS that pushes 900 hp(only at the track). He is pretty reasonable.

Bill

billpo said:
I had my flowmaster catback installed at Bruno's Permormance on Merivale before Slack Road.

There is one more person that does work that I know of. Nick's Automotive.
It is located after Bruno's Performance on the other Side of Merivale(right hand side right behind the Tim Hortons. This guy has been into performance Cars for a while. I had my gears done there.
He has a 67 Camaro SS that pushes 900 hp(only at the track). He is pretty reasonable.

Bill

How have your gears been since being installed?? If you don't mind me asking, what did the install cost you??