Best springs for mild drop?

zookeeper

Founding Member
Aug 25, 2001
Rogue River, Oregon
OK, here's the story: I've been using my '88 GT more and more as a daily driver for both me and the family since the price of gas makes driving my '04 F250 impractical. Besides, I love driving the '88. Anyway, I can no longer stand looking at the Mustangs nose-high stance and really need to drop it no more than an inch up front and maybe 1/2" in the rear. The problem is the car rides miserably stock and my wife says that if it's gonna make it ride worse (like that's possible!) she'd rather I just left it alone. I'm hoping someone here has the magic answer as far as mild drop, progressive rate springs that ride AT LEAST as well as the horridly harsh stockers. BTW, I have 17x9 Cobra R's with 245's and can't have the tires hitting any worse than they do now, either. They just touch the edges at full lock right now and I can live with that, but having them grind themselves to death in the fenders is out of the question. I'm hoping I can get maybe a little negative camber without camber plates. So, I'm open to any and all suggestions for decent (I'm realistic) ride and better appearance.

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, Bullit springs and Mach 1 springs for that matter are a great choice and will go right in.

I just put Mach 1 springs on my 88GT this spring. with a decent set of shocks and struts the ride is pretty good compared to the stockers, and a set of subframes will help a great deal as well.

The stance is nice too. For me anyway....I didnt want it too low, I drive my car everywhere and I don't have to worry about bottoming out.

I paid about 90 bucks for my springs......

Hope that helps

Jeff

Mach 1 Springs are slightly different and will sit about 1/4" higher than Bullitts, I have had Bullitts on my car for several years and have been extremely happy with them.